Moi on Mac Mountain Lion won't launch
All  1-10  11-13

Previous
Next
5340.11 In reply to 5340.10 
Hi William, right now I don't really know how I could make multitouch work using the particular porting method that enabled me to make the OSX version in the first place.

Sorry that MoI is not going to be a good fit for you!

Probably your best bet for more comfortable operation with MoI in particular would be to plug in a USB scroll wheel mouse and use that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5340.12 In reply to 5340.11 
Hopefully wineskin will support gestures in the future; I believe Win 7 has native support, so I'd assume wine would. I may try running MoI under parallels in the meantime if it's not too slow (gestures work in some programs under parallels). I really don't see myself carrying a mouse around with my laptop just for one program, though.

Edit: After some investigation, it seems Win 7 gestures are on a driver/program basis rather than system-wide, though games somehow deal with this-- perhaps DirectX provides a central API. Anyway, I'm sorry to report that MoI under Parallels doesn't do the trick. The only suggestion I have is to write a native (Cocoa) mouse event handler and hook it into wineskin, which might not be all that difficult.

EDITED: 27 Aug 2012 by ALTAIC

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5340.13 In reply to 5340.11 
I just brought a bluetooth windows mouse with wheel just for MOI on OSX, hardly ever use the touch pad now :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-13