Iges export latest v3 beta problems
All  1-10  11-16

Previous
Next
Thanks for your time and effort Michael, that does indeed solve the problem. Any chance that these analytical tools that you use are going to find their way into MoI so we can find crabby geometry ?

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5326.12 In reply to 5326.11 
Hi Martin, yup I do want to add in a variety of analysis tools. In this particular case I didn't really use any special tools actually, I just exported different sets of objects until I found the one that was not working and then used Edit > Separate on that one and repeated that until I found which particular surface was giving it trouble, and then did a close examination of that particular surface, looking along the edges and doing window selections at juncture points and watched the number of selected objects readout to see if any tiny edges were present.

But some tool that would automate all of that would certainly be nice too! Right now one holdup for that is figuring out where to put such tools in the UI. I will probably be making an "extended object properties" dialog where I will be able to put in a whole lot of stuff like that without cluttering up the top level UI.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5326.13 In reply to 5326.12 
Hi Michael, just a thought, but maybe even an add-on pack where it can be called from the command line, but still have the ability to run as an application in its own right ... I'd pay for it too!!

Forgot to say thanks for putting all that effort in, that's another reason I love MoI, all the extras you do for us all here, and you still find the time to program more even more and better features, so thanks.

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5326.14 In reply to 5326.13 
Hi Michael,
I am only horning in on this discussion because I am having this same problem. I have a complex file that originally suffered badly from the duplicated surface problem, with 1928 surfaces, and I have gone through and removed all the duplicated surfaces using v3 beta and, I thought, closed open joins. I have spent many many hours working to get it to a solid, but can't seem to get it to work. I am up against another deadline, so would appreciate you taking a look at it. May I send it along?

Best regards,
Bill Parker
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5326.15 In reply to 5326.14 
Hi Bill yup go ahead and send it over to me at moi@moi3d.com - if it's particularly large you may need to use a file upload service like https://skydrive.live.com/ or dropbox and send the download link to me instead of sending a particularly large file as a file attachment only, if it's above 10megs or so it probably won't come through as an attachment.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5326.16 In reply to 5326.15 
Thanks Michael, it is loaded to SkyDrive, you should be getting an email.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-16