MoI3d 1.1 Glitch/Broke!
All  1-20

Next
Er.. I don't know what happened but I think I'm missing some Install Packages (MSVSC#? of some sort maybe) for Windows!

nothing on the UI works anymore! Not even the "X"(Quit) "_"(Minimize) and Maximize Buttons!

Windows 7 Pro. x64

Heres a pick!

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii623/Arymond_Rysniq/Moi_broken.png
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.2 In reply to 5318.1 
Hi Arymond, all the needed MSVCRT libraries are included right alongside of MoI.exe so that's not the problem.

Is it possible that you've installed some kind of anti-spyware or anti-virus type system which is interfering with MoI's operation? Try temporarily disabling anything like that.

Also MoI version 1.1 runs using the Internet Explorer engine for it's UI - if something is messed up in Internet Explorer it can have some strange side effects on MoI as well.

You might try doing a reset of Internet Explorer settings - there's a reset button under the system Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab as shown in this blog post:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/12/628499.aspx

It's most likely something related to IE that is misbehaving though - MoI v3 is not based on IE anymore to avoid these sorts of problems.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.3 In reply to 5318.2 
Oh Dear... IE will not even launch!

Thank you for telling me that, Skype was having issues too!

I Don't know what to do now!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.4 In reply to 5318.3 
Hi Arymond, try doing a reset/repair of IE settings to start with - you do not need to open up IE to do that, you can reach the dialog to do that under Control Panel > "Network and Internet" then "Internet Options".

On the dialog that comes up go to the "Advanced" tab and near the bottom find the section labeled "Reset Internet Explorer settings", and push the "Reset..." button there, that may help get things working again.

If that does not help, try using Windows Update to install a newer version of Internet Explorer.

So anyway yes definitely if Internet Explorer will not even launch then there's something messed up on your system relating to Internet Explorer. Doing the reset may fix it though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.5 In reply to 5318.4 
Dose it matter that i have IE9?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.6 In reply to 5318.5 
Hi Arymond,

> Dose it matter that i have IE9?

No, that should be ok, there is a cosmetic glitch with IE9 where it can cause Moi to initially come up with a white screen and then it operates normally after that, but that does not seem to be what you are running into.

Either you've got some kind of IE add-ons that are not working right or something in your system registry has gotten mangled and that's preventing IE from functioning normally. If you use that reset button it will purge your registry (only the parts related to IE functions) and reset it all back to "factory defaults" so that may solve it if registry corruption was the particular problem that you were hitting.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.7 In reply to 5318.6 
i do get the white glitch too :P but yes i think this might have happened after uninstalling some nasty tool-bars from IE and Cleaning up the Registry afterward and completely uninstalled IE and re-installed it and restarted my computer now I'm able open 3dm files and everything else is still broken ):
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.8 In reply to 5318.7 
Hi Arymond, the white glitch will probably go away if you maximize the MoI window and leave it maximized when you close it down so that it will start up maximized initially when launched.

Have you tried the IE Reset button that I've mentioned previously yet? You're probably running into some mangled registry settings from whatever registry cleanup that you did. Doing the IE reset may help solve that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.9 In reply to 5318.8 
yes i did hit the Reset IE button in Internet Options > Advanced Tab
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.10 In reply to 5318.9 
Do you get any different behavior leaving IE9 uninstalled and using IE8 instead? Maybe try a reset with IE8 as well.

If that does not help then it looks like somehow you've got your IE mangled to such an extent that you may need to wipe your system and do a fresh re-install of Windows to get MoI working again there. Either that, or update to use the MoI v3 beta release instead of version 1.1 - the v3 beta release does not use anything from Internet Explorer anymore and so it's immune to this kind of mangled IE type situation.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.11 In reply to 5318.10 
i wish i could afford v3 then (or v2 to get the pre-beta)

allso i only have IE9 not 8
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.12 In reply to 5318.11 
Hi Arymond,

> allso i only have IE9 not 8

Initially Windows 7 comes with IE8, if you've got IE9 that's been installed as an update and so you can probably uninstall the update and go back to IE8 and see if that behaves better.

I think you can find the uninstall for IE9 in Control Panel > Programs > "Programs and Features" > View Installed Updates > Microsoft Windows section > "Windows Internet Explorer 9". Right click on that and pick "Uninstall", hopefully that will bring you back to a maybe-functioning IE8 install.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.13 In reply to 5318.12 
Thank you SOO Mucchh!

My Inspiration is truly back, silly IE9 Broke everything!

Now I'm back to IE8 and everything is how it once was before my issues!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.14 In reply to 5318.13 
Hi Arymond, that's great, I'm glad that you are back up and running now!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.15 In reply to 5318.14 
ok now im getting a Script error "line 121 column 3"

when i try to use Scale commands same with rotate but line 122
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.16 In reply to 5318.15 
Hi Arymond, unfortunately it means that your IE is still probably broken somehow. Did you also try the reset button with IE8 , or did you only try the Reset when you had IE9 installed?

Also do you have any anti-virus or anti-spyware type systems installed, especially ones that try to hook into Internet Explorer and prevent it from doing some kinds of things? If so then it's possible that those are interfering with MoI's operation so try disabling any invasive programs like that which you might have running.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.17 In reply to 5318.16 
All i have is MSSE and Advanced System Care 5

i Don't see the same Reset button for 8
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.18 In reply to 5318.17 
Hi Arymond, the reset button was introduced in IE7 so it should be there in IE8.

Open up Internet Explorer and go to Tools -> Internet Settings -> Advanced tab and it should be there on the bottom of the dialog.

> All i have is MSSE and Advanced System Care 5

I'm not familiar with Advanced System Care - when I do a Google search for:
"Advanced System Care" Internet Explorer

Some various stuff comes up with complaints about it messing up Internet Explorer. So that could definitely be related.

You may need to get rid of the "Advanced System Care" program if it messes up how other programs interact with the Internet Explorer engine.

For example the very first comment here mentions that using it broke a different app that is also trying to use IE as well:
http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3640-2086_4-10991574-2.html

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5318.19 In reply to 5318.18 
i removed it from my computer but i'm still getting the error even after resetting IE8 again it happens with any of the construct and transform tools
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5318.20 In reply to 5318.19 
Hi Arymond, sorry I don't really have any other suggestions for you at this point other than to either switch to MoI v3 or to back up your important data and wipe/reformat your drive and do a fresh install of Windows.

It seems that you're Internet Explorer installation has gotten really messed up, and from some of those comments that I read it looks like that particular anti-virus/anti-spyware system could be what got things messed up in the first place.

You might check out if you have any system restore checkpoints from some time when your system was working properly and try to do a system restore back to then.

Maybe it could be worth a try to install IE9 now without that other system running and see if you end up with an ok installation after that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-20