Background Image From PDF
All  1  2-3

Previous
Next
5305.2 In reply to 5305.1 
Hi propmaster, 40,000 pixels in width is an extraordinarily huge bitmap, you will likely need to reduce that to something more around 4,000 or so pixels across instead of such a huge size.

A 40,000 by 40,000 image would require roughly 6GB of memory all in one single chunk just in order to hold the uncompressed image data.

Also in order to display the background image it has to be uploaded to your video card as a texture map. Many video cards have a limit on the maximum size of texture that they can use, and by default MoI will only use a maximum texture size of 2048 by 2048, so by default your image will be resized down to that size before it's actually displayed anyway. You can bump up that limit in moi.ini (push the Edit .ini file button under Options > General) under:
[View]
MaxTextureSize=2048

So anyway the main thing is to try a quite a bit smaller image size than what you are currently using.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
5305.3 In reply to 5305.2 
Huh. I did try resizing it a few days ago and it fought me every step of the way.

I tried it just now and it works great!

I'm not sure what changed. In any case, thanks, as always, for setting me straight.

Patrick
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-3