How to do this??
All  1-7  8-12

Previous
Next
530.8 In reply to 530.7 
Hi Slobodan, are you still stuck on making the bowl part, or on some other part?

Did you check out the sink_5 version attached above? Does that result look ok to you? I can give you some more detailed steps on how that was created if that would help.

It is difficult to put a good smooth surface using exactly the curves that you drew - to make it easier I changed the ends of your curves to come down straight at the bottom instead of having a tight curve at the bottom, then used a fillet (with blend style shape) to produce the rounded bottom.

If you are still getting stuck with this approach, please post another model file of where you're at.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next

Hi Michael and everybody else..

I had time again to play with my basin and this is as far as I got to my original design.
Now, how do I blend these two surfaces??

Thanks,

Slobodan

PS. In the mean time I also educated my self about surfaces and nurbs thing... :) :)

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
530.10 In reply to 530.9 
Hi Slobodan,

> Now, how do I blend these two surfaces??

I think the easiest way is to let filleting do it for you. If you bring the sides of your sink straight down to meet the bottom in a sharp edge, you can then select that edge and do a fillet to round it. Check out the sink_5 version I attached above for a demo on what that would look like.

You also might be able to create a sweep along that area for your blended area.

But there are some problems with your current model that will get in the way of finishing it right now - there are a few little zig-zag areas:

Those little zig-zag type folds in the the bottom edge of your basin wall are going to get in the way of making a nice surface built off of it...

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks Michael,

I didn't even notice thoes zig-zags until you pointed them out.
I'll go back to your model 5 and see what I can do with that.
I realy want to make it as close as posible to those curves that I drew. Also, flat bottom takes away reality of it. I want to make it as real as posible.
I'm always open to suggestions. :) :)

Slobodan
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
530.12 In reply to 530.11 
Hi Slobodan - here is a way to avoid the flat bottom, attached as sink_6.zip.

What I did here is I took the model from sink_5.3dm above, and deleted the flat bottom.

I drew a couple of curves off to the side there, to make a sort of shallow curved surface to use for the bottom instead of the flat bottom. In this case I used a sweep with one rail to make a slightly curved piece, then centered it on the side piece and used Construct / Boolean / Merge to cut them with each other (Edit/Trim would also work), and then deleted the extra pieces. Then I used Edit/Join to join the remaining pieces together, and finally a fillet with a blend cross-section shape puts in the rounded portion along the bottom.

I think this is likely your best bet for making a clean construction here - don't try to model too much all in one shot, do the side parts and then the bottom part separately and let fillet do the work of making a smooth blend in between them.

Let me know if you want more details on any of these steps.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8-12