Lofting again and again and....

Next
Hi,
1. do I have to loft again and again if I want to insert a further spline into the model?
2. Is it possible to change the settings on an existing loft - for example from "loose" to "exact"?

bye Mala

EDITED: 10 Feb 2021 by MALA

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5297.2 In reply to 5297.1 
Hi Lara,

> 1. do I have to loft again and again if I want to insert a further spline into the model?

Yes, if you want the loft to include a new profile that was not originally included in the loft you do need to delete the loft and then do a new loft that includes it. One thing to note is that if your profiles are all one parallel planes like you are showing, you can just do a window select of all profiles and the Loft command will sort them into order itself. So it only takes a couple of seconds to reapply the loft in a case like you are showing there.

> 2. Is it possible to change the settings on an existing loft - for example from "loose" to "exact"?

No, there isn't any way currently to edit those kinds of parameters on an existing loft, you need to redo the loft for producing a different style.

In the future I do want to make a deeper history editing function that would allow you to do these kinds of edits that you are asking about but the current level of history is focused on editing of shapes and not other kinds of parameters.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
5297.3 In reply to 5297.2 
Thanks.Lara.
  Reply Reply More Options