Heads Up! Beta crashes in OSX 10.8

Next
Hello all, perhaps this is an isolated incident. I got a frozen gray screen crash when attempting to launch the new V3 Beta in Mountain Lion so beware.

*The V 2.5 continues to work very smoothly without issues.

Hi Michael,
When you get a moment please post a Script Copier link for the Windows version.
Thanks in advance.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5293.2 In reply to 5293.1 
Not surprising. The latest versions of software from AutoDesk and Intel that worked under Lion no longer work under Mountain Lion. I like my Macs, but Apple is starting to annoy me with their continuous abandonment of backward compatability.

Al Greynolds
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5293.3 In reply to 5293.1 
Hi phlatt5th, yeah it has something to do with the system launchd process getting confused and messing things up. A whole lot of the OS depends on that but it's unfortunately kind of fragile and not all that robust like you'd kind of want a highly dependent piece of the system to be.

I think you may see some problems with the original v2.5 as well when you launch it a second time after recently quitting it, the first launch seems to go ok.

There is a new version of Wineskin that's almost ready to come out which looks like it fixes some of these specific issues so I think it should not be too much longer before I'll be able to make a version that should work properly on Mountain Lion.

I do have to say that it's kind of frustrating to experience this Apple rollercoaster of breaking changes already so soon...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5293.4 In reply to 5293.1 
Also,

> Hello all, perhaps this is an isolated incident. I got a frozen gray screen crash when attempting to
> launch the new V3 Beta in Mountain Lion so beware.

It does not seem to be isolated, it happens to my test machine here too. So if you want to use MoI definitely hold off on upgrading to Mountain Lion for a bit longer yet until I'm able to get it supported properly.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5293.5 In reply to 5293.4 
Oh the deed is already done. I do have a Dell workstation as well as Bootcamp on my laptop 2nd partition. I have had 98 percent of my apps functioning well so far since the upgrade. The crazy part is Moi 2.5 is a beast and I have been pushing it pretty hard for a couple of days without a hiccup in Mountain Lion (lucky I guess). So I assumed that I would have no problem with the Beta :) I know it is frustrating but please don't give up on OSX it is needed and your hard work is much very much appreciated.

PS I love the new additions to the V3 WIP, it seems a touch zippier also, you are a magician.
Oh, don't forget the script copier for Windows V3 :)

Thanks again Michael.
Cheers.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All