Speicher für Export

Next
Könnte mir bitte jemand sagen wie ich dem programm
mehr speicher zuordnen kann. Ich bekomme immer die
meldung – nicht genug memory – beim export zu .lwo
Benutzt werden 1,2 GB das system hat aber 12 GB.
Ich arbeite auf einem Mac.

Danke für eure hilfe !
Manfred
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5251.2 In reply to 5251.1 
Hi Manfred, sorry I do not speak German, but it looks like you are probably asking about running out of memory when exporting a large mesh file?

MoI is a 32-bit program and so it is not able to use all of your 12GB, if it is running out of memory you will need to do the export in some separate pieces rather than all at once. You can export different pieces of your model by selecting some parts and then using File > Export to write out the file, rather than "Save As". Export only writes the selected objects out to the file and not everything like SaveAs.

Also if you have a file with complex surfaces in it and you have a many-core machine, it is possible that the use of multiple cores during the export may be making things worse as far as a high peak memory usage goes. If that's the case see this message for a setting you can use to limit the number of CPU cores being used:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5124.16

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5251.3 In reply to 5251.2 
Hi Manfred and Michael G.

I used the Bing translator for Manfreds original text:

"Could someone please tell me the program as Ican allocate more memory. I get always themessage - not enough memory - in the export to .lwo1.2 GB that has system be used but 12 GB.I'm working on a Mac.Thank you for your help!Manfred"
Michael Tuttle a.k.a. mictu http://www.coroflot.com/DesignsByTuttle
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5251.4 In reply to 5251.3 
As Michael was already on the right track with his interpretation of Manfred's question (Are you sure you don't speak German?), I took the liberty of also translating Michael's answer:

Hi Manfred, leider spreche ich kein Deutsch, aber ich verstehe Deine Frage dahingehend, dass Dir der "Speicher ausgeht", wenn Du versuchst, eine Datei mit aufwendiger Geometrie zu exportieren?

MoI ist eine 32-Bit-Applikation und kann daher nicht Deine gesamten 12 GB nutzen. Wenn also ein "Nicht genug Speicher"-Fehler auftritt, wirst Du das zu exportierende Objekt in mehreren Etappen (bzw. Teilen) in ein .lwo umwandeln müssen - und nicht alles auf einmal. Du kannst Dein Modell ganz einfach in Teilen exportieren, indem Du nicht die "Speichern unter"("Save As")-Funktion verwendest, sondern einzelne Elemente des Objektes auswählst und dann "Datei > Exportieren"("File > Export") anklickst. Es wird dann jeweils nur der gewählte Teil des Objektes exportiert und in eine Datei geschrieben.

Falls Du einen Rechner mit vielen Prozessorkernen verwendest und die zu exportierende Datei komplexe Flächen enthält, kann sich gerade die Vielzahl der Prozessorkerne als Problem erweisen, da sich hierdurch Spitzen bei der Speicherauslastung ergeben können. In diesem Diskussionsbeitrag findest Du ggf. eine Möglichkeit, die Anzahl der von MoI verwendeten Prozessorkerne zu begrenzen:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5124.16
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All