MoI 1.0 is coming, so...
 1-10  11-21

Previous
Next
525.11 In reply to 525.10 
Well thank you Michael for taking time out to respond, I eagerly look forward to the all that MoI has to offer. The beauty of MoI is something else, it enables people like me who is an artist without training as an engineer or architect . As a late comer to computer aided design (1998) I feel less intimidated and think less about software and more of design dreaming similar to working on a sketchbook prior to fabrication. I experience a somewhat similar feeling using SketchUp and learning Rhino, but I gravitate to MoI more consistently since I discovered it a few weeks ago. I believe that as MoI progresses in its development with things like dimensions, history etc. People like me who are middle aged and find myself on an adventure and loving it on the horizon of art, engineering, ID and architecture etc. can add this to our tool set like a pencil. Thanks to all the members of this forum who selflessly contribute by sharing their various talents, I am learning daily. thanks to all.

EDITED: 7 Apr 2007 by P5TH

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
525.12 In reply to 525.1 
Umm... does anyone know how much MoI v1.0 is going to cost? As a starving student anything over $40 means I can't eat for the week. I'd hate to get hooked on the BETA just to be crushed with a $300+ program, and have to walk away. *sigh*
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
525.13 In reply to 525.12 
Hi goney3 - well it is definitely going to be more than $40 - you can expect something around US $200.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
About how far from the final 1.0 release are you now Michael ? weeks or months ?

/ Magnus
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
525.15 In reply to 525.11 
Hi phlatt5th - Thanks, I'm glad that you are enjoying MoI! I'm very interested in making MoI feel like a comfortable environment where you get to focus more on your design and less on the software...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
525.16 In reply to 525.14 
> About how far from the final 1.0 release are you now Michael ? weeks or months ?

Well, it's difficult to say exactly but probably a couple of months yet. I want to finish the software this month, but after the software is ready it will still take some time to finish up documentation and some other stuff. Hopefully that won't take more than another month to do, so maybe 2 months?

It seems like every time I try to predict how long something is going to take, it ends up taking 3 times along but I hope that won't be the case here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks for your reply Michael

Alright, that sounds good. Take the time you need and don't rush it, 2-3 months sounds resonable although i thought you'd need more than a month to wrap up the final stuff for the 1.0 release.

Hehe, it's tough to try to predict software developement like that. Better avoid doing that to not get a bunch of unhappy customers. :)

/ Magnus
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
525.18 In reply to 525.17 
> although i thought you'd need more than a month to wrap up the final stuff for the 1.0 release.

Well, basically I think whatever doesn't get done within the next month will just be postponed until the next version.

I want version 1.0 to be really good, but at the same time it already has quite a lot of useful stuff in it already... At some point I just have to stop adding stuff and just call that V1.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
True that, you could keep on adding stuff until that day the universe implodes and then never get to release it. :)

Keep up the good work Michael. We're all waiting to see what you got in store for 1.0

/ Magnus
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
525.20 In reply to 525.19 
> Keep up the good work Michael.

Thanks!

> We're all waiting to see what you got in store for 1.0

Well, you've pretty much seen it already, it will be fairly close to the current beta release. I'm just trying to squeeze in a few more tools.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
525.21 In reply to 525.20 

My advice...
Don't give any more betas unless to fix something... Keep the new tools for the official release as a surprise. Just a few days earlier, release a features list
You will have more happy customers this way.

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-10  11-21