incrementalsave

Next
Hi Michael

I tend to us IncrementalSave quite a bit and noticed something, If I save a file has "cross type3.3dm" if i then hit incremental save the new file will become
"cross type04.3dm" rather then "cross type3 01.3dm".... I guess I should add " 00" onto the end of my new file names :) no big deal, just caught me out the first time Ii used a number at the end of my file name.. I had used the year at the end of the file i.e 2012 and the incremental saves became 2013, 2014, 2015 :)

Cheers, Stephen
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
5245.2 In reply to 5245.1 
Hi Stephen, IncrementalSave is pretty simple, if there is no number at the end of the current filename, it will rename it to filename01.3dm .

But if there is a number at the end of the filename it will increment it, so that you will get files like filename02.3dm filename03.3dm, etc...

It works that way if there is any number at the end, it has no way of knowing that some numbers might mean something different to you than a version number, if it sees numbers at the end of the name it just tries to increment those for the new name.

> If I save a file has "cross type3.3dm" if i then hit incremental save the new file will become
> "cross type04.3dm" rather then "cross type3 01.3dm"....

Yup, that's how it's intended to work - your filename ended in a number, it sees the number and then it increments it.

> I had used the year at the end of the file i.e 2012 and the incremental
> saves became 2013, 2014, 2015 :)

Yup, same thing there - you've got a number at the end of the filename and so it thinks that it's a number label and increments it.

It doesn't have any way to know that your 2012 was meant to be a year label instead of a version number.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All