Lighting options Mac/Win different

Next
The lighting options from Majik Mike are great Thanks a lot Mike.

@ Michael, the options window are different for Mac 2.5 (see attachment) am I missing something?

Also I hav been trying unsuccesfilly to install FullScreen.js to the mac version. i created a folder, put it in same level as commands nada.

Thanks in advance

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi phlatt5th,

I see you have the drop-down box selected for "Key + MoreFill"

Is the option for "Custom Key + Fill Levels" in that list?

If so, this is where the extra options come up.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5225.3 In reply to 5225.2 
Ahhh! Thank you sensei :)
I see it now, I also made a small pdf. of your very helpful Lighting options hopefully other novices like myself will find it useful.
My shortcuts I use on the Mac for the scripts are Shift+Cmd+1 and plan to go down the list eventually. I see the script Michael created for return to default. However I am afraid I will forget when I close out and may lose the default (old age :). So I will click default key+ fill lights to return.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Bless you phlatt5th!

I'm glad someone turned those settings into a quick-reference .pdf. It'll be very handy to MoI enthusiast indeed.

And you have read that Michael has plans to consider adding some type of quick button or something nice to allow for easy switching of the lighting/view system.

Mike
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5225.5 In reply to 5225.4 
Mike,
You are very welcome! it is the least I could do given all the wisdom you have given to me/us on this forum.
Thanks again.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5225.6 In reply to 5225.1 
Hi phlatt5th,

> @ Michael, the options window are different for Mac 2.5 (see attachment) am I missing something?

Actually the screenshot you show there is showing exactly the same UI as the Windows version.

I think you've already got it figured out that the extra slider controls are for the "Custom key + fill levels" mode and only show up when you activate that one particular mode. That's the same on either Windows or Mac, no difference between the versions.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5225.7 In reply to 5225.1 
Hi phlatt5th, re: FullScreen - for that download the FullScreen.js file that is attached to this message here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5141.17

Then drill into the MoI .app's internal directory structure by right-clicking on the app and picking "Show package contents", then inside there go into drive_c/moi and make a new folder there named scripts, it should be at a sibling level to the commands folder.

Copy the FullScreen.js file into that scripts folder.

Then set up a shortcut key and for the command name put in:    FullScreen.js

Then when you push that shortcut key that script will run, I just tested it over here on my Mac and it seems to be working ok.

One thing to note is that the "FullScreen" script does not actually change the window size, what it actually does is hide the side pane and bottom toolbar so that the entire window is taken up only by viewports and nothing else.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5225.8 In reply to 5225.7 
Michael thanks!!! that is what I was looking for like the old beta 1 days :) working on a small laptop the real estate is prime, this version works beautifully.

PS I originally used the one I pulled it off the resources page and I kept getting a syntax error.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5225.9 In reply to 5225.8 
Hi phlatt5th,

> PS I originally used the one I pulled it off the resources page and I kept getting a syntax error.

There was one version that does not work with MoI v3 - and the Mac v2.5 release is actually based off of the v3 code base.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5225.10 In reply to 5225.9 
Michael, just to confirm If I used the "toggle" script and I forget and exit the program I will lose the default lighting settings correct?
Thanks in advance.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5225.11 In reply to 5225.10 
Hi phlatt5th,

> Michael, just to confirm If I used the "toggle" script and I forget and exit the program I will
> lose the default lighting settings correct?

Yes, that's correct, whatever settings are currently active when you exit the program will at that point get saved as the new defaults.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All