Move and Extrude bug in v3.0 Beta?

Next
Hi,
I have been experiencing some unusual behavior in Moi v3.0.
Mostely it works fine, but sometimes when I try to move a 3d body, it will load for 2-4min and then jump back to the original location.
I also knoticed a bug while trying to extrude. At one point it extruded but once I click to set the Extrusion it dissapears.
Any ideas? Are those knows issues?

Thanks
Phil
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5218.2 In reply to 5218.1 
Hi Phil, I have not heard of those bugs before, if they happen with a particular file can you please send the file to me at moi@moi3d.com so I can reproduce the problem over here and look at what's going on with it?

> I also knoticed a bug while trying to extrude. At one point it extruded but once I
> click to set the Extrusion it dissapears.

It's possible to get things similar to that if you have snap turned on and when you go to click you move the mouse slightly in such a way that it snaps on to a point that is at a 0 elevation from the extrusion base point.

Snapping works in combination with Extrusion so that you can snap onto some existing object and produce an object of that same height, see here for an example:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2553.2

If that's what is happening to you can turn off Object snap on the bottom toolbar while doing the extrusion or hold down the Alt key which will suppress snaps just while it is held down.

But if you have any examples you can send that would help to verify whether it's the snapping feature that I described here or a bug. It's really hard for me to say one way or the other without seeing the actual file and going through the same steps over here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5218.3 In reply to 5218.2 
Hi Michael,

The move, suddenly worked again after 7 tries! It still took 5min to load though.
I attatched some images, so you can see what happened.
This particular example worked as it should, but a simmilar case(with different windows) still does not work.
Thanks for your help.

As for the extrusion, It works now! Thanks for the tip!

Phil
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5218.4 In reply to 5218.3 
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5218.5 In reply to 5218.4 
Hi Phil, is it possible for you to send me the actual 3DM file through e-mail instead of just a screenshot? I can't debug a screenshot but if I can reproduce the problem over here with the actual file then I can work on debugging it or analyzing it to see what's going on.

Do you possibly have the history function kicking in? that's where if you edit some curves that were used for some operations when you edit those curves the operations will get recalculated.

Or also maybe you're running into an issue with intersection object snap where it can take a long time to generate the snap point on curves that are highly self intersecting when they are projected onto the 2D view's plane for doing an "apparent intersection" snap. You can test if that's the problem if it goes away when you disable the option for "Use apparent intersections" under Options > Snaps > Object snap options. I have that on my list of work to do to tune that up.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All