after import from iges some meshes are double
All  1-10  11-15

Previous
Next
5216.11 In reply to 5216.10 
Hi Michael, thanks for your help and I will check in with VW. If there is any news, I'll post here for VectorWorks users.

One final note, the problem might be the IGES>VW AND SAT>VW conversion. The images below are a VW-generated sphere (same 6" rad. as previous) and it results in about 85% fewer objects and 70% fewer lines in the final object.

Thanks for a great product.

Leonard
Image Attachments:
Size: 92.9 KB, Downloaded: 17 times, Dimensions: 722x443px
Size: 96.2 KB, Downloaded: 10 times, Dimensions: 712x424px
Size: 57.9 KB, Downloaded: 4 times, Dimensions: 713x447px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5216.12 In reply to 5216.11 
Hi Leonard, check what kind of entity is created for the VW-generated sphere, does it really construct a truly curved NURBS sphere or does it make a set of polygons arranged in the general shape of a sphere? I would think it's likely the latter and that is probably the key difference.

Does VectorWorks also import polygon mesh data? If so maybe you should try exporting out from MoI as a polygon mesh object type (like .obj or .3ds formats for example) rather than as NURBS data, maybe that will tame things down.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5216.13 In reply to 5216.2 
Hi michael,

again you are my hero. we get some unfinished cad-files from our customers to build virtual prototypes. It's a borring job to prepare and tesselate those files. I asked you a long time ago to colorize each meshgroup. You gave me a solution and with this help we can really quick import tose models into our software. The only bad thing are this double meshes. After i deactivated the "join surfaces" in your import option everything is fine.You saved us a lot of time and trouble.THANKS THANKS THANKs:)

Have an nice day.
Crydee

EDITED: 2 Jul 2012 by CRYDEE

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5216.14 In reply to 5216.12 
Hi Michael, we have, I believe, a happy ending.

Following up on your last post I tried VW Preferences>3D>3D Conversion Res set to medium (was "very high") and it worked! I had no idea, and no mention in the manual, that it applied to IGES and SAT imports.

The ceiling isometric was a good test for MOI working with VW, ergo clear sailing from here.

Thanks for hanging in there with me on this.

Leonard
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5216.15 In reply to 5216.14 
Hi Leonard, that's great news that you found a setting in VectorWorks to reduce the excessive density! Thanks for reporting that back here as well, that can help other people who might be using MoI and VectorWorks in combination in the future as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-15