Closed crv versus Curve ?

Next
Hello,

I have done a kind of angular oblong with the line tool then the arc tool, then the Join tool.

After that, I have duplicated this by Mirror tool to obtain 2 symmetrical objects.

The first one (the one I drawn directly) is a "Closed crv" typed object and the planar tool works well to make a plan,
while the second one (which I obtained with the mirror tool applied to the first drawing) is a "Curve" typed object, and no chance to make a plan with the planar tool on it !

I don not understand what happened, nor how to avoid this. Could you help me please ?

Cordially,

Guy Capra,
always working on few funny projects :
www.nauticaerium.com ; www.conceptarum.com and so on...

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5214.2 In reply to 5214.1 
Hi Guy, can you please post the 3DM model file with your curves in them so I can take a look at your model data?

But yes when the object type reads as a plain "Curve" that means it is open - the start and end points of the curve are not touching. When it reads "Closed crv" that is when it is closed, and in order for Planar to construct a surface the curves you give it need to form a fully closed shape.

There is a plug-in you can get from here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2888.11

which can be used to place a point object at the start of an open curve, that can help to show you the area to zoom into to actually see where the gap between the start and end is at.

Normally if you have a closed curve when you mirror it that should also produce a closed curve, so maybe you have run into a bug here, it's hard for me to know for sure without being able to see the actual curves though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5214.3 In reply to 5214.2 
Hi Michael,

Ok, thanks, but since I can't post here because it is confidential I send you an email.

See you,

Guy Capra,

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5214.4 In reply to 5214.3 
Hi Michael,

So to let our friends to know : as always above you did guessed and found the solution, thank you very much ! :-)

Cordially,

Guy Capra,

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All