continuity plans?

Next
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I have not been able to find it if it has,
I'm just wondering what the future plans are for moi with regards to surface continuity?. I'm currently using Siemens NX and Solidworks, but see great potential for Moi if the some surfacing functionality is added.
I'm just wondering if consideration has been given to the following;

- tangent and curvature continuity options for the sweep tool
- visible isoparms/spans on surfaces for evaluation (or even text info showing degree/spans)
- visual zebra anaysis
- curvature combs for surfaces and curves

:)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5150.2 In reply to 5150.1 
Hi Tanuki, I definitely do want to add some more surface continuity type functions in to MoI.

But many of the ones that you are specifically listing there like curvature combs and display of degree and surface spans are really quite technical level type things.

It's a major focus for MoI to be an approachable and easy to use tool, so those kinds of super techno things that might require a math degree for someone to understand are not really high priority target things for MoI.

One of the main tools for continuity that I want to target first is just a "surface match" tool that would be able to edit a surface to make it smooth to a neighboring one. The other things on your list will probably come eventually but maybe not for a while, it's not really a priority goal for MoI to become a replacement for an advanced surface analysis type tool.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Im waiting for that surface match like the 2nd Messianic coming, and I hope Michael will make it into full fledged tool since it deserves the whole "model with one hand" philosophy of MOI. I also hope it becomes a lot more intuitive than the Rhino one, so that it fits and complements the workflow. NURBS modeling without solid continuity options feels kinda naked IMO...

Michael which phase of the V3 beta can we expect to see this awesome future if I may ask?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5150.4 In reply to 5150.3 
Hi niko,

> Michael which phase of the V3 beta can we expect to see this
> awesome future if I may ask?

I don't know right now, I don't have any chart with dates on it or specific schedules like that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5150.5 In reply to 5150.4 
I found the roadmap for MoI development. It's FLUID!

Muahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5150.6 In reply to 5150.5 
Great Burr!