Microsoft jscript error
 1-10  11-22

Previous
Next
5145.11 In reply to 5145.9 
Hello BurrMan, What is this "Notepad++"? Is it any different than just plane "Notepad" and if so, how does that help?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.12 In reply to 5145.10 
Thanks MIchael, that will work for now and maybe when V3 is up and running, this problem will go away. I would prefer as I'm sure you would, that I be able to do it on my own.

-Cecil

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.13 In reply to 5145.12 
Hi Cecil, attached here are those 2 particular files converted for you.

Another way that might work for getting them converted for you could be to use the Rhino evaluation version (http://rhino3d.com) to load the point text file in and then save to 3DM from there.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.14 In reply to 5145.11 
"""""""Is it any different than just plane "Notepad" and if so, how does that help?""""""""""

Yes, and it doesnt. It was something I experienced awhile back.. It was just a swat in the dark. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.15 In reply to 5145.14 
re: notepad++ - I think it messed up the file assocation with .js files or something like that right Burr?

So that was just another possible way that your system registry could get a bit messed up with regard to script stuff.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.16 In reply to 5145.15 
""""""""""re: notepad++ - I think it messed up the file assocation with .js files or something like that right Burr?"""""""""

Actually, it hooked into the execution of them somehow, and threw an error anytime I ran a command from the entry field.. Never figured out exactly WHAT it was, but would get errors for no other reason... You were trying to help me figure out what was up. It could be a hundred things.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.17 In reply to 5145.16 
Thanks Michael and BurrMan, between the Rhino and the files you sent, I should be on my way to giving this a try.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.18 In reply to 5145.13 
Hi Michael, I installed Rhino but I can't seem to find a way to open a Word document inside Rhino. Do I have to convert it to some other format first, so Rhino will recognize it?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.19 In reply to 5145.18 
Hi Cecil yes you'll need to convert it to a "plain text" file format that only contains simple text content rather than all the structured word processing type content (that includes stuff like font styles, bold/italic, etc...) which the .doc file has.

From Word do a "Save As" and as the file type scroll down and pick "plain text", and let it have the default .txt file extension for plain text files.

Then in Rhino the file type is called something like a "Points file" for reading that in.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.20 In reply to 5145.19 
Thanks for all your help Michael! I finally got things up and running. FYI, I discovered that MoI couldn't see the point file when it was saved in Rhino V4 but when I saved it again in Rhino V2 it worked fine.

Cheers!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5145.21 In reply to 5145.20 
"""""""""" I discovered that MoI couldn't see the point file when it was saved in Rhino V4 but when I saved it again in Rhino V2 it worked fine.""""""""""""

See if you can create the 2 different ones and post them here, so we can see the difference.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5145.22 In reply to 5145.20 
Hi Cecil, most likely Rhino v4 created a particular kind of "point cloud" entity when you imported the point file. Right now MoI only looks for individual point entities and does not handle that "point cloud" object type.

If you run the Explode command in Rhino it would probably convert the point cloud into individual point objects and that would then work saving as a 3DM file type - when you export to a v2 3DM it basically does the explode step for you right then automatically.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-10  11-22