Hotkey and UI requests
 1-20  21-35

Previous
Next
5141.21 In reply to 5141.20 
Hi Mike, hmmm weird - I can't replicate anything like that over here.

But it sounds like you have an easy solution for it, just trigger full screen again when you see that anomaly and things are ok for the entire session after that?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.22 In reply to 5141.20 
Hi Mike, also maybe double-check what you have put in as the shortcut key for full screen.

Have you possibly copied it to the commands sub-folder? If so move it out from there, you can put it into a scripts folder somewhere, and then in the shortcut key put the entire path to the script file like "c:\scripts\FullScreen.js", and _not_ just the name FullScreen like is done for commands.

Does that then solve this start-up anomaly for you?

My guess is that maybe you were getting it launched as a "command" instead of as a script, which are managed in slightly different ways - commands have some other things that happen for them part of which is handling that sub-palette stuff.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.23 In reply to 5141.22 
Thanks!

Yup, cool! It now works in one shot and the open palettes stay open.
All I did was move the script to the "scripts" folder. Didn't need to say anything by "FullScreen" in the shortcuts.

Hmmm, guess it wasn't go in the "commands" folder. :-)

Mike
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.24 In reply to 5141.23 
Hi Mike, yeah if you put it in a "scripts" folder that you put as a sibling to the commands folder, it will find it in there.

Basically a command is a kind of script that is set up to have things like sub palettes and options UI and stuff like that, and for this particular function you don't want it to run with those other things getting involved.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.25 In reply to 5141.13 
Magic,

Thank you. A few more reasons not to need using ViaCad.

Rich
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.26 In reply to 5141.22 
I have done as above but when it returns from the full screen it mangles the right hand side , it comes back as double width
If I go into options general and change the scene browser position from inside to opposite and back again it fixes it
Any ideas
thanks
shayne

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.27 In reply to 5141.26 
Hi shayne, there's an updated version posted a bit later down in the thread, make sure you're using the newer one as it should be tuned up to fix that problem you're showing there. Grab the one from here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5141.17

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.28 In reply to 5141.26 
Shayne,

The solution is to first get the new "FullScreen.js" posted earlier.
Second, make sure there is a folder named "scripts" in the MoI program folder.
Third, make sure that the command for Full Screen in the keyboard shortcuts list is "FullScreen.js"

Well, Michael, I'm having trouble getting the way cool AutoRotate2 script to work at home. Comes up with a nasty js error, lots of stuff missing.
I'll have to send you something later. Just know it works on my work PC and everything down to MoI's ".ini" is the same at home,
except for the fact that I'm running win7 at work and XP at home. hmmm, maybe it was the .ini file I copied to my home PC.
AutoRotate2 is a pretty cool script. It's like a mini-spinning showroom platform. Works great with FullScreen!

I also have a long time mystery where the "Delete" key and the numeric key pad "Del" does not work for deleting stuff in MoI even though is it programmed correctly in the shortcuts list, but the button works.
But in both cases, there may be a thousand subtle configurations of things on my old XP machine to contribute to Murphy's law.

EDITED: 22 May 2012 by MAJIKMIKE

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.29 In reply to 5141.28 
Hi Mike,

re: Autorotate2 - there should be 2 files for that one, a .js file and an .htm file as well - is it possible you have only copied the .js file and not the .htm file over? Also that one should go into the "commands" folder - not the "scripts" folder.

If it wasn't either of those things can you please post the particular script error that is being triggered? That may help me to figure out what to look at.

re: Delete key not working - I don't really know what might be going on with that, do you have any kind of additional software running on that machine that might try to handle shortcut keys itself and might intercept certain keystrokes? In the shortcut key editor in MoI the key name should just read:   Delete . You can also set Backspace up as well if that helps.

Also does your delete key work in other places, like when editing text?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.30 In reply to 5141.29 
Thanks Michael, I think I figured some things out, at least.

I got the AutoRotate2 to work by taking the files out of the "scripts" folder and placing them in the "commands" folder.
Then I had to take the ".js" off the end of "AutoRotate2" in the keyboards shortcuts list.
Funny, it worked the other day, until I copied an updated MoI .ini file from work. ??

So, aside from trial and error, is there a way to tell where a script is supposed to go and how to tell Moi to 'see' it? ;-)

Also, MoI here at home would not see the Del or Delete key presses. The shortcuts menu says "Delete" in both columns.
When I went to do something simple, like use delete to delete character in Notepad, now it works in MoI again too.
This is obviously some kinds of resource or resident app in my PC... so at least it's probably not a MoI issue.
Fun fun fun...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.31 In reply to 5141.30 
Hi Mike,

> So, aside from trial and error, is there a way to tell where a script is
> supposed to go and how to tell Moi to 'see' it? ;-)

So far I think the Full Screen one is the only one that I've ever sent out that should go in the scripts folder, everything else aside from just that one particular one should go into the commands folder.

And all the ones that go in the commands folder should have just the name of the command with no ".js" at the end for the shortcut key.

> This is obviously some kinds of resource or resident app in my PC... so
> at least it's probably not a MoI issue.

If it happens again, you can try taking a look using msconfig at what stuff is running at startup and see if there's anything that sounds like it has to do with shortcut keys. I think nVidia starts some kind of hotkey manager thing for example.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.32 In reply to 5141.17 
perfect thanks
shayne
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael,

I've returned again (not too soon, I hope) with 2 more requests.

1. Is there a hotkey or script to toggle Show Grid on and off?

2. What would be the hotkey wording for: draw curve-freeform through points?
I have tried all the combinations I could think of with no success.

Thanks, Rich
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5141.34 In reply to 5141.33 
Hi Rich, for toggling the grid on/off see here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=4954.2

For #2, there is a listing of all the command names here: http://moi3d.com/2.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#shortcutkeys , the one you want for the "through points" one is InterpCurve - that's short for "Interpolated curve".

Hope this helps!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Thank you Michael.
  Reply Reply More Options