Catia draw me a sheep! :)
All  1-6  7-16

Previous
Next
5133.7 In reply to 5133.6 
Yes without personal try it's very difficult to know :)

By hands it's more easy to see! ;)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5133.8 In reply to 5133.7 
Thank you so much for all 3D world news you always post !
I knew Catia is the most expensive,but i also discover it has a good render engine integrated ??...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5133.9 In reply to 5133.6 
Looks super smooth,

But yes, totally agree with Michael there,... Even after testing it yourself it can be hard to judge whether it's efficient or not in "real life".
I bought a so called "haptic device" some years ago (i wont't say which one), just based on how cool it was to use when i tried it one time.
It turned out it's precision was to low to be useful and that it also demanded a super-fast computer, which I couldn't afford after buying the Haptic device :)
This gives me a bit of a similar feeling...
Luckily Catia is out of the question i any case for my part :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
This type of software has its place: To be used by larger companies and design firms that specialize in the fashion and consumer-end industries.
It appears to be just visualization software at the most, allowing marketing and focus groups to get instant feedback and immediate creative influence in items that would take days, weeks and months of real time to develop with traditional methods.

- Cars, shoes, apparel and the like.

I'm no expert in the manufacturing field, but wouldn't designing a pair of shoes from a working prototype to a full-blown production model require all kinds of industry specific design processes, ending with exact moulds, tooling and CNC fabrication? Marketing executives would probably like to know before that kind of work if a product is going to function well as well as sell.

Sure that app looks fun and easy, but Michael has to be right, there has to be some learning curve.
I saw splines and control points!!! You can't break the laws of math, them suckers are only as accurate as the user can make them.

Like I gathered, it's best advantage would have to be with a pre-design marketing-based conceptualization that needs to whip up a sketch in seconds allowing things to be changed at the whim of the client.
Hey!, didn't they used to hire guys that could take pencils, chalk and watercolor to an art board? I could go down to Bill's Art City back in the day and snag some good supplies for a few bucks, now you need a super-computer and a Haptic Device.

Not to sound the trumpet of MoI (of course I am ;-) ), but I'd say that MoI holds its own as an application that combines intuitive ease and simplicity along with power and accuracy.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Catia is the big brother of Solidworks. What you are seeing in the video is only a tiny fraction of what it can do. Mould and press design, stress testing, flow analysis, etc. Aerospace and car manufacturers use it. You can start with the free form design shown, then go back and create the engineering parts and tools to make the thing.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Scary. ;-)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I think I asked a former boss about this CATIA V5 plugin about 5 years ago. He hinted to ~$26K USD price tang with ~$10K+ USD year maintenance. Needless to say, I never got to try it :-)

Michael T.
Michael Tuttle a.k.a. mictu http://www.coroflot.com/DesignsByTuttle
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5133.15 In reply to 5133.14 
Whoa... I image your company would also have to fly you to France for special certified training the colleges can't give. (oh, l'élite.)

Bonne chance, mon ami! ;-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5133.16 In reply to 5133.15 
Cool piece of software...

Peace,