MoI OBJ Import into KeyShot
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
5132.2 In reply to 5132.1 
Hi Ed, well I'm glad that there is a solution at least and thanks for posting the information for others to use as well!

Is it possible for you to create some simple OBJ file that reproduces the problem like something with just a couple of boxes with different materials on them? If so if you could send that in to KeyShot support to show them the difference in behavior from this version to their previous version maybe that will help them track down what has changed and fix it up to behave like it used to.

Thanks,
- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5132.3 In reply to 5132.2 
Yeah - I'll send them a sample file in a few days after their new update comes out. I never had to play with OBJ import settings in the past.

I made a simple cube with an intersecting cylinder in MoI as a test case (thinking it may be an issue with intersecting geometry), but that came in fine. Maybe an issue with more complex models.

Ed
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5132.4 In reply to 5132.3 
You could try Names also and see what that does... These systems are trying to be more robust with handeling the grouping. They may have switched your previous experience to named objects, to change their material handeling system internally. I dont know alot about it, so that may sound silly to you. Just a thought.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4