surface edge flip?

Next
Hi Michael,
I have a directional issue on using a blend on the 2 edges of these objects. Using a blend or a loft, I am not presented the seam adjusters to straighten out a loft or a blend thats inverted..

DO you have any direction? I tried flip, but maybe didnt use it right? If you rotate the lower object in the front view, 180 degrees, then it will blend properley now.

Thanks.

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5131.2 In reply to 5131.1 
Hi Burr, somehow the top edge on the bottom edge is not a closed curve, if you zoom in real closely you can see that the start and end of the edge do not quite match:

So that's why the seam adjuster points do not show up, you only get the seam adjuster when all the curves being lofted or blended are all closed curves.

You do still get the flip control inside of Blend though, which is available by clicking on the blend edge while you are in the Blend command - that will flip the orientation used for the edge you clicked on, so one click on one of the edges while you are at the "Adjust blend parameters" stage of the Blend command should fix it up.

But the surface itself seems to be closed, something happened while trimming or cutting it that jiggled its edge curve slightly at the end, but you can repair that by doing an untrim to get a fresh trimming boundary created on it. To do that select all the edges (select 1 and then do Ctrl+A), and hit delete, that will remove the current trim boundary and use a new one created directly from the underlying surface and that will get a proper closed edge curve on it then and behave like you were expecting.

Hope this helps!

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5131.3 In reply to 5131.2 
Thanks Michael,
The click was it, It fliped the blend, per click (Did you tell me that before? :o). No seam adjuster was presented, although that must be due to the malformed surface. I must have created that doing some further kindof unconventional steps on a part I flowed already. I need to put some time in on flow, because although it will work fast and produce great results, if it's used hap-haggardly, then you can morph your object in unintended ways. I suppose the key there is not to work hap-haggardly. But for me, I think the key will be proper setup of my curve/surface-from/target objects. Also, kindof like fillets, flow last.

Thanks for the help with this.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All