3DConnexion Mice and OSX
All  1-8  9-12

Previous
Next
5103.9 In reply to 5103.8 
Hi Gav, yeah that's a pretty significant performance difference from your laptop to your PC (maybe particularly with that Intel video) so yeah that could probably be why you see such a difference between them.

But I do think that I have a good shot at improving the OSX one with some minimal tweaks so I will definitely give it a try at least. I can't guarantee that it's going to cook along at the same rate as your PC but maybe if it can cure the extra stacked up movement it would make it work a lot better, we'll see.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5103.10 In reply to 5103.8 
I think that possibly the PC driver has some kind of throttling / message coalescing built into it that the OSX driver doesn't do. But luckily that's not too complicated to implement. (yes, famous last words... ha)

- Michael

EDITED: 30 Apr 2012 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5103.11 In reply to 5103.10 
:-) That's cool if you can.
It's not that I expect it to fly, but it's the stacked up movements after I've stopped that's the killer. I over compensate back the other way and .... you get the picture.. It's like wrestling an eel :-)

Ta
Gav
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5103.12 In reply to 5103.11 
Btw, I just noticed the time of your response, given what I assume is about 5 hours difference min - you need to sleep :-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-12