Testing v3 for vehicle modelling
 1-20  …  61-80  81-100  101-116

Previous
Next
End of play today, front wings, doors and front have all been softened. The problem with the Hood/Bonnet is the trim line is i the wrong place, it should have been on the next contour up, but then that would have thrown the badge positioning out, so I will settle for where it is this time, I will be coming back to this Lamborghini at some stage, but for now i will plod on and keep testing MoI and KeyShot and working with IGES files. Tomorrow should see the softening of the edges on the rear sides and possibly some more modelling, well see how time pans out.

Glad you like it Zarkow

Martin
Image Attachments:
Size: 291.3 KB, Downloaded: 54 times, Dimensions: 1787x863px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Still working on this, but so close to finishing it i can almost smell it.It's a shame my 3d skills are not better as this model screams out for an interior too. But two test renders today, one stealthy matt colour and one deep Laguerre finish ...

Martin
Image Attachments:
Size: 470.5 KB, Downloaded: 84 times, Dimensions: 1787x863px
Size: 407.5 KB, Downloaded: 36 times, Dimensions: 1787x863px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5101.103 In reply to 5101.102 
When can I test drive it? Beautiful.
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5101.105 In reply to 5101.104 
Hi Pilou, thanks for the reply and the link, I have seen this chaps work before but most of his tutorials are in Spanish, but he does do good stuff. I like to read tutorials but prefer to do things my own way, most tutorials I have tried following in the past are for other software, and although their style works for them it's pretty alien to me, so i tend to run into problems and just settle for trying things my way until i get it right. I will at some stage try an old car with plenty of reference pictures of the interior,and then hopefully i will get the hang of the principles and the ratios involved if that makes sense.

All the best

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5101.106 In reply to 5101.104 
That looks great....

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;-)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. |
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Well this is as far as i can go with this until my skills improve, the callipers look yugh so i have angled the renders to disguise them hehehehehe the wiper blade i modelled was terrible and I deleted it away, the little spots behind the grills, i can't be bothered with, they would be easy to do but to be honest I have lost interest in the model for now, and instead I am going to concentrate on doing car parts for the give away content area and for my personal use, hopefully these will develop my skills to a point where i can do an interior on a future project.

Sorry if this leaves you feeling let down, but i am sure many of you will know where i am coming from ...

I missed isocurve when i started this - but v3 beta has it now, along with twist and flow, all we need now is bend. I am glad I found my way to MoI and I have enjoyed this project, now to find an old car design with lots of pictures of the interior. I will still be visiting from time to time, more so when i start designing the decking for the wife's emergency exit.

Martin
Image Attachments:
Size: 443.6 KB, Downloaded: 60 times, Dimensions: 1804x872px
Size: 503.5 KB, Downloaded: 30 times, Dimensions: 1804x872px
Size: 477.8 KB, Downloaded: 49 times, Dimensions: 1804x872px
Size: 463.9 KB, Downloaded: 44 times, Dimensions: 1804x872px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5101.108 In reply to 5101.107 
Hi Martin, well it looks really great - nice job!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5101.109 In reply to 5101.108 
Hi Michael - Glad you like it, the next effort will be better .... Don't forget we need a bend tool, please

OBJ is better than IGES for file size, and 3DM format is better than IGES too, so I have learnt some good stuff whilst playing with this project. Will start designing the decking Sept 3 or shortly there after, got to wait for the French doors to be fitted first so i know what ground clearance i will have. That should make for a real world test for MoI and prove to me if it can replace Rhino as my primary modelling tool for landscape design.

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5101.110 In reply to 5101.109 
Hi Martin,

> Don't forget we need a bend tool, please

That's actually already present in v3 - the Transform > Deform > Flow tool can currently be used to bend objects.

Draw a line down your straight object for the base curve, and then whatever shape you want including an arc or bendy curve or whatever for your target curve and that will generate a bend effect.

See here for some bending examples:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3628.246
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5097.2
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=5130.5

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5101.111 In reply to 5101.110 
Cool beans Michael, if I don't see a click icon/tool then i just assume it's not there, maybe the button should be named as Bend/Flow just to make it clear for people like me :)

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5101.112 In reply to 5101.111 
Hi Martin, it's tough to put in long names in the UI, there is only a little bit of space for them. But the actual icon itself does show a straight rectangle being deformed to follow a bent path...

Flow can also be used for some other kinds of deformation purposes like applying a flat pattern onto a curved surface, bending is sort of one piece of it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5101.113 In reply to 5101.112 
Hi Michael - I used flow before starting the car to test MoI on doing vehicle wheels and tyres, just never really noticed the ability to bend things being with in the flow, but it does kind of make sense, like i say - i just jump into the modelling but not the application itself, if the application is intuitive most of the time then i can ride the curve, MoI is like that, and I enjoy it. All the best

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Gratulations -The Best Car Modelling in Moi that I have seen.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
My congratulations Martin!

Your car model is very well done. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed using MoI and you were able to bring your idea to fruition!
Now that you have us all hooked, you're going to have to start producing more works. ;-)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
This model is now available on GrabCAD @ http://grabcad.com/library/lamborghini-reventon-2008 Feel free to grab, use and render to your hearts content, finish the trim and fillet that's missing on the rear and you'll have a good model, maybe even import the other disc brake I have on here too, and it will be even better. All the best folks

Martin
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  …  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-116