Soild Problem

Next

Can anyone have a look at this file.

When I extrude I get a weird surface error near the bottom.

I'm making a huge iron gate, so there are gonna be alot of these things in between the poles.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
508.2 In reply to 508.1 
Hi Twinsnakes - your object looks fine, this looks like a bug in the display mesher.

The export mesher seems to handle it fine, so if you export your object to an .obj file for example, there is no messed up area there. This is because the export mesher does some extra work to do a cleaner job than the display mesher. The display mesher takes more shortcuts so that it is quick.

It may take me a while to get in there and fix this problem, but in the meantime you should be able to just ignore this display error if it doesn't interfere with your actual file data export.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
No problem !
There were something not clean in these little place! (surely 2 lines in the same place)

I have selected "up face" / copy move / Trim (remove) / Copy Move / Select lines/ Trim (remove)/ Make planar / Extrude

---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery

EDITED: 29 Mar 2007 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
508.4 In reply to 508.3 

Thanks a bunch Frenchy!

EDIT

After Frenchy's discovery. I went back and did it from scratch at a higher resolution, and I still wound up with some of my curves overlapping, and points not touching.

I dunno how to address it. But, the workaround is..I joined the curve together starting with small sections of the curve, until I find a section that wont join. Which ends up either being an overlap, or the connecting points being off by a small amount. Once I fix the issue, I continue joining until the curve is closed. With the final test being if the Planar command will create a surface.

Any suggestions on the workflow?

-TS-

EDITED: 29 Mar 2007 by TWINSNAKES

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
508.5 In reply to 508.4 
I have said "maybe" double lines :)
So your problem was the don't touch points or curves overlap
Best for you is redraw your curve with attention because trim / join/ trim etc...
if works can maybe not acceptable if you have forget some little free curves!
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
508.6 In reply to 508.4 
Hi TS,

> Any suggestions on the workflow?

Well, I think the main thing would be to try and get the pieces created with good alignment in the first place to reduce the amount of messing around later on.

Can you describe some of the steps that you're doing when creating the curves, which are resulting in overlapping or gapped curves?

Is it possible that you have Object Snap turned off (not highlighted in orange in the bottom bar) ?

You should normally be able to stick things together when drawing them, so I'd be interested to know what is going wrong during the creating of the curves. If I knew what was going on there maybe I could figure out something to fix up that process.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All