Hiya everybody and a little Moi issue to start with.. :)

Next
Hi everybody!

Now i decided to post on this forum too. Like everyone else here i love working with Moi3D, it's a real yummy piece of candy for us 3d artists.

Anyways.. i modeled a thing i Rhino 4 which i then imported into Moi3D and from there i wanna export it as .obj but now is when the problems start, Moi seems to duplicate a couple of objects and offset them a bit and it even rescales a couple of others and places them all wrong.

The screenshots below shows better what i'm talking about.

Rhino 4
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5648/logitechrhino4pz3.jpg

Moi3D
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/393/logitechmoi3djw0.jpg

Btw, Michael. Thanks for your great improvements and hard work on the mesher engine. It works like a charm now :)

(Ok i don't know how to add images to my post on this forum so to view them you gotta do some manual work, sorry.)

/ Magnus
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
507.2 In reply to 507.1 
Just write "< img src="your adresse image"/>" without the 2 "" arounding but with the 2 "" inside:)
like this follow :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery

EDITED: 28 Mar 2007 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
507.3 In reply to 507.1 
Hi Magnus - hmm, are you by any chance using blocks inside of Rhino? MoI doesn't really process those right now. Block instances are the only thing I can think of right now that might end up looking like that. I think you can use Explode in Rhino to "unblock" that stuff.

If that doesn't work, can you please post the model file here (or e-mail to me at moi@moi3d.com) and I will check it out.

I'm glad you are liking MoI!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Frenchy and thanks for your tip :) i'll try to use that next time hehe, btw i recognize you from the Zbrush forums.

Michael: Only two parts of that model once used to be blocks but i converted those into normal objects, maybe it didn't fully work. But still i don't understand why the speakers body is duplicated and moved up a bit as it's not a block. I also noticed the foot is duplicated but it's copy remain in the same place as the original. However i'll email you a copy of the original file from Rhino so you can have a look at it Michael. Thanks for your quick reply as always. :)

/ Magnus
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
507.5 In reply to 507.4 
Hi Magnus, I'll be able to check it out better when you send the file, but one other thing you can try is to save it from Rhino as a Rhino V3 file.

MoI uses the Rhino V3 library to read .3dm files - normally V4 files are also readable, but maybe it has something to do with some change in the V4 format for blocks or block definitions or something like that.

I should be able to pinpoint it better with the actual file example...

Thanks,

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Maximus,

...and I recognize you from Maxwell forums, right?

***There is always a better way to do things... Just find your Moment of Inspiration***

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Michael: Yeap as you said 3.0 files might work better, however it was one of the first things i tested and it made no difference. It works just as well as 4.0 files do :) but thanks for the suggestion. Now i shall email the model to you, been a bit busy here this morning but now i finally got time so check your inbox in approx 30 min. :) many thanks in advance.

JTB: Hiya and yeap that's me, Maximus from the Maxwell forum :) nice to see you too here.

/ Magnus
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
507.8 In reply to 507.7 
Hi Magnus, for a quick fix right now use the "Purge" command in Rhino before saving. That should eliminate these extra objects.

The problem is related to blocks. Even though you don't have any block "instances" in that file anymore, there are still the block "definition" objects in there. In Rhion, "Purge" will remove any block definitions that are not currently used by any instances.

Right now there is a bug in MoI where it reads in the block definition objects as if they were regular objects. That's why you are seeing those extra objects inside of MoI.

I have fixed this bug for the next beta (which should be coming really soon, hopefully today), so that MoI will check if an object is marked as a block definition object and will skip over it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All