This is a bit of a general question :) but
All  1-8  9-11

Previous
Next
5009.9 In reply to 5009.8 
Hi Steve, it may take me a while to get to the bottom of why your original fleur had that damaged area in it.

In the meantime, try the attached updated version.

For this version I mirrored over the fleur from the other side and trimmed it into place, also deleting a couple of those little tiny micro shelf areas as well, and this version looks like it should now boolean union ok.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
5009.10 In reply to 5009.9 
Thanks Michael

I went back to my original template, luckily, I had all the solids used to make the fleur saved has separated objects, after playing around with it a bit, I found the micro shelf areas are formed when I boolean Union them together. If I deleted the micro surfaces, it would not join back into a solid, left me with some edges that did not match up, since I was not sure how to fix this, I just cut away the edges and made some patches, then it would reform into a solid. I hope no one will notice a .03mm patch :) I think I will just replace it if the one you created. I'm sure it will cause me less pain, long term :)

P.S, I've just had my first piece cast in Sterling Silver. nothing fancy, but it's something my wife wanted. is there a live post, where users post photos of real world object created from MoI designs?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
5009.11 In reply to 5009.10 
Hi Steve,

> P.S, I've just had my first piece cast in Sterling Silver.
> nothing fancy, but it's something my wife wanted. is
> there a live post, where users post photos of real world
> object created from MoI designs?

Sounds great, I'd love to see it!

If you'd like you can post it as a gallery item on the MoI gallery here:
http://moi3d.com/gallery/

Or you can also just post it here in the forum, either as an attachment on this thread or you can start a new discussion thread for it if you want.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-8  9-11