V3 - Zebra Stripes + Environment Maps?
All  1-6  7-8

Previous
Next
5007.7 In reply to 5007.6 
Aha nice to see my old thread getting a revival :)
It's possible to do even in 3ds Max, I wrote a small tutorial for it @ http://zdepth.ch/tutorial/improving-3ds-max-viewport-quality/

Hope it will make it into MoI someday... It's not "just" for checking curvature, it's also perfect for showing the model to a client !
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
"Yeah but actually being able to make the model you want is even more important than just checking it. MoI still needs attention in several surface construction areas like some tools for editing surfaces to have G2 continuity with each other."

Of course Michael. Those modeling tools are a priority.

Re: materials/render: The existing materials/lighting are very useful. But having control of photoreal materials/lighting can be extremely useful for numerous reasons. I'm sure that you are a very busy man Michael, and you're doing great, so I hope that this doesn't come across otherwise. I just think it would tie in very well with a modeler that's primarily used for aesthetical design and visualisation.

@DesuDeus that auspecker material is great. That would be a perfect visualisation tool for MoI. I take it that it's not possible to use with MoI? Ps. Nice looking work on your site.

Btw, I'll have to play around with the Area tool more.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-6  7-8