join curves erases names
All  1-3  4-8

Previous
Next
4998.4 In reply to 4998.3 
Hi Michael,

Just jumping in on this, what would be the case with naming when we do a 'Rebuild' on the curve?

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4998.5 In reply to 4998.4 
Hi Danny,

> Just jumping in on this, what would be the case with naming
> when we do a 'Rebuild' on the curve?

That's a different kind of case since the Join case has the situation of 2 different objects coming together into 1 object and so it needs to pick which of the 2 input objects names to use.

For Rebuild there is a new object created in a more 1-to-1 method, so the new object gets the same properties (same name, same style, etc...) applied to it as the original same as if you just copied it.

Are you having a problem with Rebuild where the rebuilt result is not maintaining properties like that?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4998.6 In reply to 4998.5 
Hi Michael,

> Are you having a problem with Rebuild
> where the rebuilt result is not maintaining
> properties like that?

Yeah, as a matter of fact the properties from the original named joined curves aren't retained for the new rebuilt curve, but the first thing I have to check is what version of the V3 beta I'm using, was any of these things addressed from beta to beta?

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4998.7 In reply to 4998.6 
Hi Danny,

> was any of these things addressed from beta to beta?

I don't seem to remember anything about that in particular, but I guess it could be possible.

But I can't seem to repeat any problem with the Rebuild command not maintaining a name over here.

If you have a particular curve that loses its name after doing Rebuild on it, could you please post the curve here as a 3DM file so I could test with it?

Or did you possibly run into the bug described above where Join does not maintain the name in the first place on lines and arcs? If that was the case then the name could have been gone after you did the Join and so it was already gone by the time of doing the Rebuild.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4998.8 In reply to 4998.7 
Hi Michael,

I've been using the 'R' key for the shortcut for 'Rebuild', so I thought, but in checking my shortcut key's it so happens that the command wasn't 'Rebuild' in was actually 'RebuildCurve'
which has carried on from version to version this was before you put the official 'Rebuild' in place, all is good now :)

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-8