modo user looking for better freestyle "sculpt"
All  1-10  11-12

Previous
Next
4985.11 In reply to 4985.10 
Madsen,

Have you seen this? http://www.geometrysystems.net/default.htm

I have not tried it myself yet, but it's on my list to evaluate. There are numerous products out there that handle poly to nurbs conversion, but as far as I know, there is no app that will let you model in nurbs as "easily" as in polys.

T-Splines was definitely going in the right direction, although where its going know as part of Autodesk is unclear. The hope of T-Splines for me as well as others was that I could take a poly model and convert it to nurbs, and still easily modify it. However, the purpose of T-Splines, I keep reminding myself, is actually to creat a control mesh or low resolution proxy, to easily modify a nurbs object. It was never promised as a poly to nurbs converter simply because it is not designed to handle the sheer number of polys that are present in a detailed model or scan.

Geometry Systems is interesting because they seem to indicate the poly model, from a scan lets say, is tied to the nurbs model, so if you modify the polys, you also modify the nurbs. While superficially similar to T-Splines, they actually handle the full scan data. In theory this sounds great, but in actual use of the software, I don't know. I have to try it for myself.

Chris
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
4985.12 In reply to 4985.11 
Hi Chris - no - i have been crossing their homepage as i was looking for a 3d scan system - but have not look into their studio etc software.
will do - thx for the hint
cheers mads
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-12