Auto focus?

Next
A lot of times when I'm working on the 2.5 mac version, I press tab with no tool active but the coordinate-field/command-bar is not highlighted and I cannot write commands. Also, sometimes, i have a tool active, for example extrude, and i type a value but the tool options field is not highlighted either. I know if i press the minus sign before the numeric value when a tool is active, it doesn't work in the 2.0 version (or older), i don't know if this is a feature or a bug.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4983.2 In reply to 4983.1 
Hi ed,

> I know if i press the minus sign before the numeric value
> when a tool is active, it doesn't work in the 2.0 version (or
> older), i don't know if this is a feature or a bug.

Have you possibly set a keyboard shortcut for the - key?

If I remember right in earlier versions that would then interfere with numeric entry.

> A lot of times when I'm working on the 2.5 mac version,
> I press tab with no tool active but the
> coordinate-field/command-bar is not highlighted and
> I cannot write commands.

I can't seem to repeat this happening over here... Let me know if you figure out a particular thing that triggers it, like if some particular UI that shows a dialog or something like that gets it into that state afterwards.

Also when you run into it, if you do a single click somewhere on the MoI window does that then fix it?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Also when you run into it, if you do a single click somewhere on the MoI window does that then fix it?

Yes it does! but its still annoying... but I think I've found the problem! I have < as a shortcut, the problem happens after I use that key.

I do have a shortcut assigned to the - key, but if i press one of the other shortcut keys while a tool is active, the tool of that key becomes active.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All