AI files?
All  1-4  5-8

Previous
Next
4980.5 In reply to 4980.3 
> In the choose which program dialogue, I had to use the browse button and browse to the MoI.exe.

Yeah, when I browse for it, I select it like normal, but for some weird reason (never seen this before) it just doesn't end up showing moi.exe even after I've selected it.

I can assign any other exe to an .ai file. Even game exes :P
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4980.6 In reply to 4980.5 
Hi NightCabbage, sorry I don't really have any clue as to what's going on there. MoI isn't even running right then, that's just Windows Explorer doing that part.

You might try going to the UI in Windows Explorer under the Tools menu > Folder Options > "File Types" tab and see if setting it in that UI there makes any difference.

Otherwise, it is possible to edit the registry directly to set up the file association - to do that you go into the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT section of the registry under regedit.exe .

If I remember right, you need to set up a set of keys for shell > open > command under the .ai file entry in the registry, look under the entry for MoI.3DMFile.1 to see how that is set up, that's the one that the MoI installer sets up so that MoI is launched with .3dm files.

You kind of want to be careful messing with the registry though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4980.7 In reply to 4980.6 
The only other thing I could add is to be sure to do it from right clciking a MoI ai file and using "open with"... I have seen alot of discussion of the "control panel" way not working right.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hi,

I think my registry could be messed-up. Not only AI files now but all files other then 3DM are not associated with MOI. I tried the uninstall reinstall process a couple of time now. Could it be the installation part that deals with registering all file type Moi can open and creating the required association needed?

It seems the installation created several keys like ai_auto_file, igs_auto_file, etc. but only the .3DM file type as the "Moi3DMFile.1" key. I also noticed other file type Moi can open have the aug 24 version in the data field instead of the newest version I've installed.

I would have thought by reinstalling Moi all this would have been done automatically but as you know I'm no expert on this.

Edit: I think I got it and it as to do with Aug 24 version ( that I removed recently), I've edited the registery to use the oct 25 2011 version now. I'll try the same with all other reference to the old version and change it to the new version. I suppose it will work fine now (and it does). But still, Michael as the earlier beta 3 version expire, it would be nice if all this was automated somehow or maybe it would be possible to remove older version as we install newer ones or whatever is needed to simplify our life.

Thanks,
Felix

EDITED: 5 Mar 2012 by FELIX

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-8