Graphire vs Intuos - does it matter?

Next
Hi, there,

I am just getting started in 3D modeling and was given the link to MOI from someone at the Renderosity forum.

A few days ago, I ordered a Graphire tablet but I am wondering if I will be limited and should send it back for an Intuos model. Since this program is tablet-dependent, do the extra features of the Intuos matter?

Or will my new Graphire work okay?

Thank you very much for any input and/or suggestions,

- A
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
497.2 In reply to 497.1 
Hi Angelic - actually MoI is not tablet dependent, it also works fine with a regular mouse.

But it is set up to be friendly and well suited for tablet use as well as mouse use. Being friendly to tablet use means stuff like not requiring touching the keyboard or right-clicks to accomplish basic functions, and having larger easier-to-target buttons. These are some areas that tend to make "standard" programs not work well with a tablet.

So your Graphire will work fine - MoI doesn't use any of the special extra features of the Intuos.

However, I think that the Intuos has just a bit of more premium stuff to it, like the pen that comes with the Intuous has a nicer soft grip than the Graphire one. If you're going to be using it for quite a few hours a day, then maybe some of these slight improvements might be nice to have.

In the meantime, you can get started just with using the mouse. In fact, if you don't already use a tablet for other things it is possible that you might find a tablet to be hard to get used to and you may actually prefer a mouse. But you can decide either way. If you do a lot of regular pen and pencil drawing, then using the tablet will be more likely to appeal to you.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All