Undo

Next
Hi Michael,

I was just wondering how the commands under undo and redo are stored, are they named in the background, line. fillet, delete etc.?
The reason I ask is that is it possible to have a list of say the last ten undo's or redo's, I was thinking a LMB click on the undo icon or a list arrow, like you have for the Object Snap icon, that would bring up a list of say the last ten commands and you select any item on the list and it will undo up to that point instead of clicking the undo button five times to get to a previous state that you wanted to go back on.

Just asking not wishing :)

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4962.2 In reply to 4962.1 
Hi Danny, that information is in there now - basically each undo stage has a command name and also various records like list of object ids that were created by the command and saved data for objects that were deleted by the command.

But I'm kind of hesitant to build very much more on top of that because I have some ideas on stuff that may change some of the details on how things are stored, like possibly having a persistent undo log, and maybe combining history and undo together in some kind of history browser and editor mechanism for the UI.

I'm not really sure exactly when I'll be able to work on some of that stuff, but just in general having more features that depend on the current system can tend to make it harder to change it very much.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4962.3 In reply to 4962.2 
Ok then, if you already have other ideas related to undo and history then that'll be something to look forward to and I'm sure you'll come up with something elegant......as usual.

Thanks Michael.

-
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All