joint double curvature jumbo
All  1-13  14-16

Previous
Next
4948.14 In reply to 4948.13 
Hi Morten,

> I think its very quick getting used to "blindly" using the buttons, <...>

If you watch people closely while they're using them, you can often see them using their index finger to push shift or control when they're using it as a mouse modifier, instead of the fingers they would use for more regular text typing.

A lot of times that makes for a glance down at the keyboard and then back up to the monitor again, and that's a much larger shift than going to a toolbar button that's at least on the same screen and not at some really different angle.

So really a lot of times things that are heavily keyboard oriented with modifier keys often tend to make people look away from the model, not so much for typing in command names though since that happens with your fingers in regular typing position.

That's one of the factors that helps keep MoI able to work with a more "heads up" type workflow, since you don't have to hold down shift a million times in a modeling session for every time you want to select more than one object.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Use of the Wacom pen is very cool for artist who want to make some voluptuous curves by hand inside Moi! ;)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4948.16 In reply to 4948.10 
"The problem with Rhino's AutoCAD style Trim command is that it's inconsistent with the regular "noun, verb" type selection sequence. Having some commands work in reverse selection order from others is one of the things that tends to make Rhino more difficult for beginners to learn."

I don't know about anyone else, but this statement makes me excited. When you write "[...]"noun,verb" type selection. Having some commands work in reverse[...]" - I wonder if there is an explicit theory somewhere there? - one that links language(and the reasoning it enables), the objective basis of its concepts in reality, and the need to carry that into virtual environments?

Ambimind
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-13  14-16