[wish] unlock objects for export

Next
Hi Michael,

would it be possible in future versions to unlock objects just for export? I mean I have a basic mesh setup and want to display it and not accidently rework it, so I lock it.

when exporting my model - I'd like this lock temporarily 'unlocked' to be able to choose from all objects for export. after exporting it would be nice to have them automatically locked again to the same state as before starting the export.

you think that might be possible?

thanks in advance!

btw: v3 works as a treat.

What you see is what you believe - so don't. (from an Amiga500 demo)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4932.2 In reply to 4932.1 
Hi macray - attached here is a script that should help.

Copy the attached RememberLock.js script to some folder, like for example c:\scripts or wherever. It doesn't matter where, just put it somewhere that you won't accidentally delete it later.

Then set up a shortcut key and for the command part of the shortcut key put in the full path and file name to the RememberLock.js file. So for example if you put it in c:\scripts put in:    c:\scripts\RememberLock.js

Then when you push that short cut key, it will unlock everything but the lock state will be remembered. Then do your export, and then trigger the shortcut again and that previous lock state will be restored back again.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4932.3 In reply to 4932.1 
And here's a different one that bundles the whole thing (unlock, export, then relock) into one command so it could be more convenient.

This one is installed as a command - unzip the attachment here and copy the 2 files into the \commands sub-folder inside of MoI's main installation folder. That will then make a new command available called UnlockExport , so put that as the command name for a shortcut key to trigger it. Note no ".js" on the end of this one, since it's a command and not an inline script which is slightly different.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4932.4 In reply to 4932.3 
Thanks a lot!

What you see is what you believe - so don't. (from an Amiga500 demo)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All