2.5 Mac UI
 1-20  21-30

Next

Uff! Ive spent the afternoon trying to understand what file made what in the UI and I'm very pleased with what I have but there's still a couple of things I'm not happy with. First the color of the popdown menus like the units one in the options-general panel. Then the bottom left part of the side pane (screenshot above) Its moved to one side and too low, i want it a little bit higher and centered. Can anyone help me??

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Here is the current sidepane.htm file and btw how can I get rid of the tab buttons like construct and transform?
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4913.3 In reply to 4913.1 
Hi ed,

re: combobox dropdown menus - those are handled by Qt right now and there is not a good method set up to style them. I guess they probably use what they think are the Windows system colors for window background and text color, so it may be possible to change what Wine has as those colors by editing the registry somewhere, you can edit the registry by firing up the Wineskin.app that's nested one level inside the main app and going to the "Advanced" tab I think, use regedit there. This is just a guess though and I don't know the specifics of what to set off the top of my head.

> Then the bottom left part of the side pane (screenshot above) Its moved
> to one side and too low, i want it a little bit higher and centered. Can
> anyone help me??

gonna need to see your customized UI to have any shot at giving you a pointer on that. You probably want to add some margin-bottom or padding-bottom in CSS to the thing that's containing the bottom stuff. (EDIT: crossed posts there)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4913.4 In reply to 4913.2 
Hi ed,

> and btw how can I get rid of the tab buttons like construct and transform?

Those are <moi:TabButton> elements, like the Construct one is the one that says:

<moi:TabButton id="ConstructTab">....</moi:TabButton>

What do you want to do with them? You can reduce them in size by removing all the content inside of them, that will make them just a small bar at the top. There are some other pieces of the system that handle hiding and showing palettes if you run out of space, so you probably can't just remove them entirely without also changing some of the logic in SidePaneTabs.js, you'd need to make some functions in there like CompactPaletteHeaders() do nothing.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4913.5 In reply to 4913.1 
Hi ed,

> Then the bottom left part of the side pane (screenshot above) Its moved
> to one side and too low, i want it a little bit higher and centered. Can
> anyone help me??

Put all those bottom controls to be children of one container <div> and then give that container div text-align:center to make the content inside of it centered rather than left-aligned, and put some padding-bottom on it to jack it up from the bottom as much as you want.

See attached edited version of your file, look for the <!-- new container div here --> comment, that's the container one I added.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Wow, that was fast! Thanks I'm looking at the sidepane.htm right now...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks for the new sidepane.htm!

"There are some other pieces of the system that handle hiding and showing palettes if you run out of space, so you probably can't just remove them entirely without also changing some of the logic in SidePaneTabs.js, you'd need to make some functions in there like CompactPaletteHeaders() do nothing."

I didn't get this part. I just want to get rid of them because I want my UI as clean as possible. What do I have to edit?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Well this is how it ended today, there are a few things i would like to tweak but here is 2 am. One of those things is in the properties area were the object name and style are, it is very tight, the style is over the object measures. Any advice appreciated.

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4913.9 In reply to 4913.7 
Hi ed - the problem if your remove them is that if you ever resize the window to make it smaller than your full screen (like if you unmaximize the window), some palettes will collapse down and leave only the header displaying. Normally you would then be able to click on the header after that to expand it again, but if you totally remove them then you will not be able to do that you could get in the situation where the palettes have collapsed and you don't have any way to expand it again.

So because of that I don't recommend that you remove them completely, it's probably best to leave at least a little bit of header at the top even if it doesn't have any text in it. You can remove the text from inside those by removing all the contents inside of the <moi:TabButton>...</moi:TabButton> elements, like the attached version.

There is some script code in the file SidePaneTabs.js that handles the collapsing and expanding of these palettes, and if you try to remove the tabs completely you would also need to alter some of the logic in that script code or else for example all your palettes would start out hidden because they would not initialize correctly since the initialization script code expects to set tab buttons to be active and tab buttons activating is what makes palettes to be shown or hidden.

If you do actually want them to be gone completely and you don't mind that the UI can then get broken if you resize the window to be smaller, you can set the TabContainers to have display:none by adding one line that says that to the css rule that controls the moi:TabContainer styling, see the attached SidePane2.htm that does that, the line added is marked with /* changed here */

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
You're right! Well if I cannot hide them, how can I make it as wide as the square were the tools are?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4913.11 In reply to 4913.10 
Hi ed - you mean you don't want the little indentation on the left and right sides?

That indentation comes from padding set on the moi:PaletteHeader elements that are the containers of those tabs.

You can remove that by going to moi.css, go to the rule for:

moi\:PaletteHeader {
<....>
}

Inside of that there is an property set for:
padding:0 0.35em;

That's setting the bit of left/right padding on the header so that any child content inside of it (the tab controls) is effectively indented on the sides.

Change that to say:
padding:0;

and then there will not be any indent.

- Michael

EDITED: 11 Feb 2012 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Thanks a lot again Michael, here is what i got:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 4913.13 deleted 11 Feb 2012 by ED17ES

Previous
Next
I finally decided to leave it this way:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4913.15 In reply to 4913.14 
hi

can you share your last one and tell me how to apply it please ?

thanks
Laurent
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Sure, for installing just put the "commands" and "ui" folders in the moi folder inside the application, for that right clic the MoI 2.5 app then go /drive_c/moi. If you want the styles, put the "LineTypes.3dm" in that folder too. Then well Michael explained above were the moi.ini file goes. I must warn you that a lot of icons have been removed and replaced with shortcuts. Enjoy!
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4913.17 In reply to 4913.16 
thank you
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Here is the last version with new icons:

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4913.19 In reply to 4913.18 
hi

i don't find the informations you mentioned about moi.ini. Michael talked about moi.css but i don't see for moi.ini.
can you point me where please ?

Laurent
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Sorry it was in other post, here it is: