Great application. Thanks!

Next
A little about me first... I do the CAD/CAM thing on my gigantor (large format) Thermwood 4 axis, multi-Z CNC Router and I use SolidWorks and Rhino3 (and now v4) for CAD, but my main gig is being a UX (user experience) engineer and UI (functional) prototype dev and I use all the 'big' apps (art and dev) to get things done. So far as personas go that's me.

I really like MoI! After launching MoI for the first time it took me only a few minutes to make some fairly complex shapes and then I was on my way to making my designs. No reading, no tutorials, just working the UI with simple ease. I think your idea to free the user's creativity by giving him/her an efficient and easy to use UI is a very powerful asset!

Please keep up the great work and as soon as you have a retail product be sure to let me know... I'll buy it!

-Haik
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
491.2 In reply to 491.1 
Hi Haik, thanks very much, I'm glad that you like MoI!

If you have ideas for any improvements to make on MoI from your UX/Dev experience, please don't hesitate to post them here.

> and as soon as you have a retail product be sure to let me know... I'll buy it!

That's certainly good news for me! It won't be too much longer, maybe 2 more months or so? It is a bit hard to schedule it precisely, I'm sure you know how that goes... :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
491.3 In reply to 491.2 
Nice Job Michael !!!

Now i need to try in a real application, usually i use CAD 3d to create models for later mesh and apply finite elements.

I have a few years working with SW, ProE, Rhino etc....but MoI is cool, fast, simple, genious.

Pablo
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
491.4 In reply to 491.1 

>I really like MoI! After launching MoI for the first time it took me only a few minutes to make some fairly
>complex shapes and then I was on my way to making my designs. No reading, no tutorials...

That's true. And it's because most of it is based on common sense. Like trimming for instance. You can select everything, then you just pick whatever you want to discard. Mirror, rotate, scale, they're all pretty straightforward. Amapi Pro has its strengts, but I can't seem to really get comfortable with its line tools. I can't even do simple line trimmings the way Moi does it. BTW, is there a stretch tool in Moi? ;-)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Sure thing Michael, I'm too new still to have any deep thoughts yet. I know this from reading threads in this forum which, by the way, is great!

I do have one feature idea (sort of) that I posted at http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=412.69

It about XAML... geez I can hear you rolling your eyes! ;-)

-Haik
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
491.6 In reply to 491.4 
> BTW, is there a stretch tool in Moi? ;-)

You can scale in just one direction by doing Transform / Scale / Scale 1d.

That will be a type of stretch along the direction you pick. Let me know if you meant something different.

Once you have joined together surfaces, they don't tend to be very stretchy or squishable because it tends to be easy for the shared edges between different surfaces to pull apart from one another if I allowed for any type of random squishing of those types of things.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All