Best way to give tickness
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
4891.3 In reply to 4891.1 
Hi Rich_Art - and one thing I've definitely noticed is that often people coming from a poly modeling background really tend to do this kind of "create full 3D wireframe and then patch it in" type approach for everything. There's a tendency towards that since poly modeling tends to work with manipulating a 3D object the whole time.

But one of the greatest strengths of NURBS modeling is when you're able to create most of your model from 2D curves, since there is just less stuff involved with managing 2D curves, there's fewer things that you draw, like notice in the above example using a 2D "blueprint" type profile to create the shapes involves creating a smaller number of curves than doing a "patch by patch" type approach.

But it may take some time before you start to think about primarily using 2D curves to construct your object rather than building the full 3d wireframe of it to start with.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4891.4 In reply to 4891.2 
Thanks Michael,

As I said before, I still think to much as a polygon modeler. Your way is much easier.
I also made the same shape with the boole function. (just for the fun)
Used the edges from the block. I just need to model more things with Moi. It is such a joy but where to find the time.... grrr :-)

Peace,
Rich_Art. :-)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. |

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Haha, yes, I remember when I was first starting out with MoI - I was asking all sorts of silly questions because I was approaching it the wrong way!

Now I find MoI to be the best & easiest modelling program around! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4891.6 In reply to 4891.5 
lol..... Yeah I love Moi for hardsurface modeling. I only need to make mind switch..

Peace,
Rich_Art. ;-)

| C4DLounge.eu | Our Dutch/Belgium C4D forum. |
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6