New Mac OSX public beta Jan-31-2012 available now
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-103

Previous
Next
4879.61 In reply to 4879.60 
Hi ed - can you please describe in a bit more detail exactly what you mean by "open a file from the MoI window" - do you mean using the "Open" button on the File menu in the lower-left corner of the MoI window does not work to open a file for you?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.62 In reply to 4879.60 
Hi Ed,

Don't know if this is related, but I cannot open MoI files when I am online with Mozilla Firefox. But this is on a Windows Vista PC, not a Mac OS.

Michael T
Michael Tuttle a.k.a. mictu http://www.coroflot.com/DesignsByTuttle
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.63 In reply to 4879.62 
Hi Michael T - hmm that's kind of odd that Firefox interferes with opening MoI files.

What happens when you go to the File > Open menu in MoI, does the file dialog just not come up, or does it come up but not let you pick a file, or does it let you pick a file but then not load it, or something else?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.64 In reply to 4879.63 
Weird, seems to work fine today. I may have spoken too soon. Possibly my Vista OS or user error :-)

Michael T.
Michael Tuttle a.k.a. mictu http://www.coroflot.com/DesignsByTuttle
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
I don't know if this is the problem but I can't open or save files to a folder that is inside a lot of subfolders, but I can open and save to the desktop.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.66 In reply to 4879.65 
Hi ed,

> I don't know if this is the problem but I can't open or
> save files to a folder that is inside a lot of subfolders,
> but I can open and save to the desktop.

Could you please post an example sub-folder path that does not work for you?

Maybe there is some bug with handling a path with certain kinds of characters in it.

I have tested over here with opening and saving files to and from nested sub-folders and I don't seem to have any problem with that, so it may be something about the particular path that you're using.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
It opens files on the "7mo. S" folder but it doesn't on the "Diseño 6"

/Users/edwinescobar/Documents/Works/U/7mo. S/Diseño 6
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.68 In reply to 4879.67 
Hi ed,

> It opens files on the "7mo. S" folder but it doesn't on the "Diseño 6"
>
> /Users/edwinescobar/Documents/Works/U/7mo. S/Diseño 6

I can't seem to repeat the problem over here... I tried making all the same folders under /Documents/Works/U/7mo. S/Diseño 6 but over here if I go to File > Open or File > Save As, I'm able to either open 3DM files or save 3DM files to that folder.

Are you doing something different than using the File menu? Also are you using one particular file format?

Could you maybe make a .zip file of your Diseño 6 directory so that I could unzip it here and make sure I have the exact same characters as yours does?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Its just a regular .3dm file. I've changed the "ñ" of "Diseño" for an "n" and it worked. Something weird happened with the shortcuts when I used that letter Ñ. When I added a shortcut whit the letter Ñ from the MoI options panel, then closed MoI and then reopened it changed the shortcut to a minus sign if i my memory is ok. I added that same shortcut to the .ini file and then it worked on MoI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.70 In reply to 4879.69 
Hi ed - is it possible for you to make a .zip file with the Diseño directory that does not work so that I can unzip it to get the exact same directory name over here and try to repeat the problem?

Because it sounds like there is some bug in there and I'd like to fix it but it's hard to fix it if I can't repeat the problem.

> Something weird happened with the shortcuts when I used that letter Ñ.

Is this related to your file saving problem or is it a totally separate problem?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Make a zip of all the directory?? that can be huge.

I just made a folder on my desktop called "Diseño 6" and I can't open files inside of that folder from the MoI Open window.

Im on OSX Lion with english as my main language.

The shortcut problem has no more relation than the Ñ character on both problems.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.72 In reply to 4879.71 
Hi ed - just a zip of the empty directory of that name would work, just so I can be sure I'm getting the exact same name over here. I tried to test by pasting in the same name from copied text in the forum but I can't repeat the problem that way so maybe I'm not getting quite the exact same characters in it or something like that.

So maybe if you could put some simple model of a box or something into the directory that you can't open and then zip that up (zip the whole directory up) and post it here that may help me to replicate the problem.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Here it is
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.74 In reply to 4879.73 
Hi ed, thanks for sending that "Diseño 6" in a zip file.

The weird thing though is that when I unzip that and place the "Diseño 6" folder on my desktop, I'm able to open the box.3dm fine from it (using File > Open). So I don't understand yet why it works for me and not for you.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Well I don't know either but maybe it is related to the language settings of the OS.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
sweet! i'm late to the party but not too late :)

downloading now on my incredibly slow connection so will start testing tomorrow

fwiw michael..

i really don't know how much, if any, of a problem this will be but it's happening this summer with the release of mountain lion..

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/17/apple-removes-x11-in-os-x-mountain-lion-shifts-support-to-open-source-xquartz/
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.77 In reply to 4879.76 
Hi Jeff,

> i really don't know how much, if any, of a problem
> this will be but it's happening this summer with the
> release of mountain lion..

That particular thing shouldn't be a problem for MoI - MoI does not actually require there to be a system installed version of X11, it already has its own X11 contained within the app itself.

Probably the thing that will be a bit more problematic is that new Gatekeeper thing which by default does not allow programs to run unless they are signed with a special certificate from Apple. But it sounds like you can still run an unsigned program just that you need to get it on the exception list by doing a right-click open on it at least one time. So that will probably be a minor hassle, since I don't think that I can properly sign MoI with a certificate because a couple of internal files get modified when you run it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
By the way if anyone is running the preview version of Mountain Lion, please let me know if the current beta of MoI is working ok on it or not. You may need to right-click on the MoI app and pick "open" from that right click menu to run it the first time since it is not digitally signed and it sounds like the new Gatekeeper mechanism by default screens out programs that are not digitally signed.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4879.79 In reply to 4879.78 
Sounds like Apple is having to catch up to Windows UAC!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
all i can say is wow!

the inferencing(?) system is great.. i feel pretty darn comfortable in the 3D viewport alone..

the default shading, line weight, point size, colors etc are really nice too.. (fwiw, i'm basically comparing to rhino osx and/or sketchup.. rhino osx doesn't really have much in the way of drawing space customization yet etc.)

the only sluggishness (or whatever) i've experienced so far is during launch but once i'm drawing, no hiccups.. (haven't tried anything to big yet but still.. nice 1st impression)

i fairly quickly came across a need which i couldn't find a way to do in the app.. i had to place layout points along a curve at a set distance..

i'm assuming some of the tools i'll need are available as scripts but the site where the scripts are (petr's moi page) seems to be down..

is there a moi script repository anywhere or maybe a thread here which lists available scripts?
thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-80  81-100  101-103