import part function

Next
Hi all

I'm trying to set up a library of basic parts that I can reuse again and again, is there a method which will allow me to import just 1 part out of a file rather than all parts?

something like ,"import sub-part" button, after selecting a file, it opens a object browser, allows you to select a group/s , then "done"

Cheers, Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4854.2 In reply to 4854.1 
Hi Steve,

> something like ,"import sub-part" button, after selecting
> a file, it opens a object browser, allows you to select a
> group/s , then "done"

There isn't anything all bundled up like that right now - the best way for making a part library is to make each part into a separate file, then the file open dialog becomes your name browser, you can organize things into different sub-folders to organize them too.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4854.3 In reply to 4854.1 
Also another thing that helps putting each part into its own file is that you can then position each one at the origin, without having some big lump of objects all stacked up on top of each other which is what you'd get if you tried to have a whole lot of parts (to use with ImportPart) all contained within just 1 file.

That's because the origin of the construction plane (which by default is the world origin 0,0,0 but you can set it to some other place by using View > CPlane) is used as the base point for where to place the object in ImportPart.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4854.4 In reply to 4854.3 
Thanks, Michael :)
  Reply Reply More Options