Online Model Viewer
All  1  2-3

Previous
Next
4845.2 In reply to 4845.1 
I've heard about the 3d functionality that has been added to Flash. I'm unclear on why the Alternativa player is needed if Flash can display the 3d natively?

I have used free version of WireFusion, and the OpenGL display is not hardware accelerated in that version. To use hardware OpenGL, you need to use the paid for version. Additionally, there is a small software component that is required to use the hardware OpenGL on the user machine, and this is included when the presentation is published.

I have run into some issues with model size and/or texture map size limitations in WireFusion. Java by default limits the memory that can be used when it gets installed on the users machine. While the memory allocation can be increased on the user machine, most people don't know how to do this.

It would be nice if Flash can deal with larger models than WireFusion, even if it is Java that is producing the size limitation.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
4845.3 In reply to 4845.2 
Chris

No programmer here but what I learned digging into alternativa, like flare 3d and away 3d they are just libraries to add 3d functionality and interactivity that is not in flash. I put one model online as test..works very nice...I was getting like 60fps and zero on the cpu...but I have a high end graphics card...had a friend test it with a run of the mill card and it was reading 35fps and 0-1 on the cpu...the model was 35kish for poly's with a texture map. I am trying to write my on viewer script based off what they have online...so close..got the model in there rotating...now just need to finish with the keyboard pan and zoom. You can just export from them online but the swf gets big with a lot of extra stuff..hence trying to write my own. Wire fusion was sure a lot easier to use.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-3