3D view reset

Next
Is there any way of resetting the 3D view so that z is up and the horizon is reset to horizontal?

I have some models that were saved when the view option was set to "free rotation". They were saved with the z axis tilted. When I open them with the view option set to "rotate around the world z-axis", they are still tilted and I don't see anyway to straighten them.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4822.2 In reply to 4822.1 
Hi Steve - if you switch from "free rotation" to "Rotate around world z axis" under Options > View > Rotate/Pan/Zoom options > Rotation style, it should un-tilt the view at that time, so that's one way to do it (switch temporarily to free rotation and back out of it, since it's at the time that it is switched that it will relevel).

Another way is to go to Options > View > 3D view angles, and the 3rd input field on that dialog for "Tilt angle" can be set to 0.

If you need to do a bunch of them, it's possible to automate either method with a script - here's one that you can set on a keyboard shortcut that sets the tilt to 0:

script: /* untilt view */ moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel.getViewport('3D').tiltAngle = 0.0;

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
4822.3 In reply to 4822.2 
Thanks, Michael
  Reply Reply More Options