Network surface
 1-9  …  50-69  70-89  90-91

Previous
Next
481.90 In reply to 481.89 
That would be nice indeed!

I also find myself wishing I could store the source curves into their own layer or a way to seperate them - right now I just delete them when I don't think I need them any longer.

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
481.91 In reply to 481.89 
Ok, I've added a new script method for the next beta that makes it possible to retrieve the history parents or children of an object.

This will make it possible to set up a keyboard shortcut with this command:

code:
script:var gd = moi.geometryDatabase; var objs = gd.getSelectedObjects(); gd.deselectAll(); for ( var i = 0; i < objs.length; ++i ) { var parents = objs.item(i).getHistoryParents(); parents.setProperty( 'selected', true ); }

If you have an object selected, that will switch selection to all the parents that were input into the making of that object. So for example if you select a lofted surface, after you run that script the original curves that went into the loft will be selected.

You can also do the reverse by editing the above and swapping getHistoryParents() with getHistoryChildren().

Again, this won't work until the next beta, which hopefully will be finished in not too many more days here.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-9  …  30-49  50-69  70-89  90-91