picture formats that work with image command

Next
Where can I find a list of the picture formats that can be used with the image command? In particular, can I use a .pdf file for the background image?
Thanks,
Mark
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Actually you can import some pdf's to MoI.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4808.3 In reply to 4808.1 
Hi Mark - when you run the Image command and push the "Add" button, the available image formats are shown in the file types section of the Open dialog, here:

Right now you can use PNG, TIFF, JPEG, GIF, or BMP image files as background images, you cannot currently use PDF files for a background image, you will need to convert the PDF to one of those other formats (I would recommend PNG) before it can be placed as a background image.

In the future I would like to add PDF as another option for background images, but it's a lot more difficult to handle PDFs in that way because PDFs can contain a variety of different kinds of data in them like vector lines, text, as well as bitmap images. Displaying a PDF means reading through all those kinds of data and then generating a picture, which is pretty different from those other formats that MoI currently supports which only contain pixel image data inside of them. That's why PDF is not currently supported as a background image - PDFs are sort of more like "structured document files" and not just a "bitmap image file".

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4808.4 In reply to 4808.3 
Hi Michael!

Is there a way to Copy&Paste(via Clipboard) a screen capture from the Windows Snipping Tool into MOIs Image command ?

Thanks,
Marco
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4808.5 In reply to 4808.4 
Hi Marco,

> Is there a way to Copy&Paste(via Clipboard) a screen
> capture from the Windows Snipping Tool into MOIs
> Image command ?

No, you have to save the image to a file first by pasting it into some image editing program (Windows paintbrush will do if you don't have anything else) and saving it to disk.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All