First Serious Try at a Realistic Model / Render

Next
Hello,

I did this a while ago in MoI and rendered in TheaRender. I am slowly learning MOI and TR to try to have my renders more believable, I need to make things not so precise in MoI and need to learn effective mapping and lighting. Suggestions are welcome for techniques to make this less "clean", I'm going for a studio look, but not an obvious rendered look. Thanks.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
WOW OSTexo!
That's sleek.

I like the excellent result on the simulated LED's.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4784.3 In reply to 4784.1 
Hi OSTexo - it looks great!

I'd say the model itself looks really realistic - but maybe the environment a bit less so. Maybe the shadow underneath slightly too sharp and dark, and maybe some more variation in the environment between walls and the floor? I know in a studio shot you don't want to attract attention to the environment but that's the only part that doesn't quite seem totally realistic there.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
If you want to make a more realistic render, you will need to fillet or chamfer all the 90 degree edges that are visible. The renderer then will pick up highlights on the edges and it will improve the final product immensely.

When you produce drawings for production, the rounds and chamfers don't always have to be modelled as they are often implicit in the production process. When modelling for rendering, you will have to add them yourself.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
I would choose a different viewing angle. Show the viewer some of the top and side of the unit for a better sense of perspective.

Other than that it's really nice for a studio shot.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All