SubD Ex;port
 1-20  21-40  41-44

Previous
Next
478.41 In reply to 478.33 
HAH! Who should have known! It's already there! :D

Seams like max's ever so shitty NURBS already has the convertion methods (b-spline > swept NURBS > Poly surface) all I have to do is script it all for automation :P The results are perfect, and it can do different kinds of optimizations too (not really a good choice I'd say, since it would ruin the edgeflows)...

So I guess I just saved myself alot of work :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
478.42 In reply to 478.40 
If there's one thing I'd like to see in MOI in the future is T-Splines if possible...

Michael, are T-Splines something that can be wired into MOI in a future upgrade? Or are the methods incompatible with your libraries, etc?

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
478.43 In reply to 478.42 
Hi Will, I haven't talked to the T-Splines guys about anything like this.

It would be a while before this would be possible - the T-Splines guys need a pretty comprehensive plug-in mechanism to make their stuff work. I don't expect to have proper documented support for doing plug-ins into MoI for a while yet.

The methods they use are compatible with MoI's NURBS surfaces, as far as translation between a t-spline object and a NURBS object goes. But there is a lot more involved than just translation - they essentially would need to add a new type of object to MoI to handle the editing of ther T-splines surfaces.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
478.44 In reply to 478.43 
Thanks Michael, I wasn't expecting anything immediate, just hoping perhaps that one day in the future, T-Splines might make it in as a nice feature addition to MOI.

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-44