Changing center of rotation
All  1-3  4-6

Previous
Next
475.4 In reply to 475.3 
Richard, Richard....Always? I don't think so. When using Reset, ResetAll or ZoomArea command, the camera centre of rotation is changed.

I have an evidence... hehe

[quote:Michael]
Another tip - you can use sub-object selection combined with Reset on the view controls panel at the bottom of the viewport, to more easily zoom in on a small region of the model. When you push that reset button, it will fit the selected object to take up the whole view. You can push reset a second time to fit the view to everything including unselected stuff. One frequent technique is to fit to a sub-object selection, but then zoom out slightly to see a bit more - the reason for doing it this way is to make rotation work properly in the 3D view. The fit-to-selected-object also places the view rotation pivot at the center of that selected object, so when you zoom out a bit from there your view rotations will happen anchored around that spot. You can also set your view rotation pivot by using the area zoom - the center point you pick there becomes the rotation pivot.
[quote]
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
475.5 In reply to 475.4 
Yup, for rotating around the selected edge hit Reset and it will fit that edge to the screen and also use set the view rotation pivot to the middle of it so you should be able to rotate around the edge after that.

To set it to a specific point use zoom area.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Ah Ha!
Thank you kind sirs for showing me the error of my ways :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-6