Sliders
All  1-13  14-19

Previous
Next
4749.14 In reply to 4749.13 
Hi Brian,

> Wonder if the arrow keys on the keyboard can control the slider?

Right now there isn't anything set up for that, but that could be a good idea for the future.

It would probably involve some tweaks in control focus handling though - currently the system is set up to make it easy for any typed characters to be handled as input into the the first numeric input field that's present in the command UI, or on to the XYZ control if there isn't any edit field in the command UI.

That's why you can do something like run the Circle command and then just type 5 and push enter without actually needing to click on the radius field first before typing - when you type 5 the focus automatically goes to that field and puts the keystroke in there.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
That reminds me that if you are for example making a 1D scale and you type something, it takes you to the scalar factor field but if you want to enter a dimension, you can't access that field from the keyboard (tab doesn't work). Is that true or I'm i missing something?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4749.16 In reply to 4749.15 
Hi ed, yup that's correct - if there is an input field for the command either typing characters directly or pushing Tab will put focus in that edit field and if you want to go to the xyz input field you have to click on it in that particular case.

I could add in some kind of modifier key that would make focus always go to the XYZ input field though. What about using Ctrl+Tab for that, does that sound like it would work?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
That sounds good, but a more common shortcut may be the inverse tab (shift+tab) that may be more easy to remember.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4749.18 In reply to 4749.17 
Hi ed,

> That sounds good, but a more common shortcut may be the
> inverse tab (shift+tab) that may be more easy to remember.

That could be possible, but the problem with that is that shift+tab can be used in other situations like if you've got focus on the 2nd field in a command that has 2 fields in it like Rectangle. In that case using shift+tab moves focus to the previous field, and it's probably not good to remove that behavior so that would mean that there wouldn't be a single key combo that would always put focus into the XYZ edit field if shift+tab was used for that only in the case of nothing having focus yet.

If ctrl+tab is used, that can work universally I think.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
yeah been moi wide it will be a frequent shortcut and you'll have to remember it!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-13  14-19