Possible glitch!

Next
Hi Michael,

I suppose you know it already but just in case. In the file I provided, the red circle report a radius of 3.25 and when I select the "flower" it reports 5.8008, 6.5, 0.4375. This is with the latest beta of course.

Thanks,
Felix
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4742.2 In reply to 4742.1 
Hi Felix - when you pick the flower it reports the bounding box of the flower, and since the flower does not have any geometry at the extreme positive and negative x axis locations where the circle does, its bounding box is smaller than the circle.

You can see this by selecting the flower and using the BoundingBox command - the yellow box show here are the bounding box of the flower:

Note there how the bounding box around the flower is smaller than the circle.

You were probably thinking more along the lines of a spherical bounding volume, but the one that MoI reports there is an axis aligned bounding box.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4742.3 In reply to 4742.2 
Michael,

your a very good guy, always polite even with stupid question like mine. Lucky for me, Moi doesn't bite back, I would have a nasty one to show off.

Sorry,
Felix
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4742.4 In reply to 4742.3 
No problem Felix - I can totally see how it was easy to focus on the circle being a nice boundary for that shape, so it was natural to think of the other bounds as being the same.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All