Help with filleting
All  1-8  9-12

Previous
Next
4734.9 In reply to 4734.8 
Please Bigseb

Could you show in a tutorial complete proceedings since the creation of curves please? I want to improve my knowledge of MoI and I am sure that this can help me much.

Thanks
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4734.10 In reply to 4734.1 
Hi Sebastian - yeah the folds that Burr shows above will cause numerous problems with surface/surface intersection mechanisms - many operations such as trimming, booleans, or filleting will not usually work right on surfaces that are messed up in that particular way.

I don't see any of the original generator curves used to create that surface still in this file - you'll probably want to check those curves out and make sure that the original curves that were being used don't have a folded over area in the curve - if it does then usually surfaces created from that kind of curve will inherit the same problem as well.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4734.11 In reply to 4734.9 
Mercar,

Sure, it'll take a while though. The images you saw in this thread are for a celtic ring which I am busy rendering at the moment. I may still make some changes, but they'll be more or less in line with what I have now. Keep an eye on the galleries page ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4734.12 In reply to 4734.10 
Michael,

Thanks, got it sorted now. :)
  Reply Reply More Options