Screenshots
All  1-6  7-14

Previous
Next
4699.7 In reply to 4699.6 
Jpaluck,

thanks, I'm hoping for that as well but it wont be that exact one though. I tried relatively hard to keep symmetry and consistancy all over the design, I made the bottom crossmembers a bit to small, I left 2" visible while all other piece show 3" and yes you guess right, I have to start all over. The "sculted" details of the middle panel are ok but just that. I would like something much richer but at this time it's out of my league but we never know...

Thanks,
Felix
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4699.8 In reply to 4699.4 
Mark,

thanks and yes I'd like to render the thing one day. My past experience with rendering is quite limited and I already know that wood is pretty hard to render realistically and I can't afford a good commercial renderer at this time.

Thanks,
Felix
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4699.9 In reply to 4699.5 
Michael,

thanks for your comments.

For this view or scene or whatever one can call it, I saved the file first, I duplicated everything I wanted to show (just in case) and hide everything else, gave it a new style, turn the grid off and change the background color, made change to the lighting and then saved some screenshots. When all this was done, I quit Moi without saving and reopen the file. I'm sure there are a zillion ways one can do this and I imagine it can be difficult to do in the Moi spirits of things. But I'd like to see something like a pseudo rendered view of our work where you could setup render options independendtly from the normal view. For example, I often use style with the default color just to group some object to control their visibility in addition to naming individual objects, in my case it's easy as I have a single "color" I want to use. When you have a large number of objects, close to 300 in this case, a myriad of styles and named objects it would be nice to have a mean to distinguish a "work" setup and a kind of "scene" or "rendered" setup. If you add to this exports for real rendering for example, things could get even more complicated depending on whats available with each export format, etc.

All in all, I'd be happy with something simple but effective to create screenshots with a minimal number of operation even if I have to quit Moi and reload the file and continue working on my models. But maybe we should do all this externaly such that Moi doesn't loose itself in the process. Just a thought.

Thanks again Michael,
Felix

EDITED: 11 Nov 2011 by FELIX

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4699.10 In reply to 4699.9 
Hi Felix, the stuff about changing styles sounds pretty complex, I'm not sure if that is really within the scope of a simple script, but doing stuff for setting the lighting to a particular setting and turning the grid off, and then taking the snapshot and then turning the lighting and grid back to what they were before is feasible, some scripts for that are in those links I posted above. Is that still something that you want to set up on a keystroke? Let me know if that level of stuff is still useful for you and if you need any help setting up a script that does that part.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4699.11 In reply to 4699.10 
Michael,

sorry, I digressed a little. At first I thought of using a script to automate a few things but I got carried away to say the least. The proposed scripts will do fine.

Thanks Michael,
Felix
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4699.12 In reply to 4699.11 
Hi Felix, I meant "rendering" as in constructing it in real!

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
4699.13 In reply to 4699.12 
Mark,

I see what you mean and I'd love that to. Something like this would probably take me at least six month to build and cost me a fortune, it's quite large. Unless it's sold before I don't think it will ever see the light of day. But an excellent render of it might help sell it in a virtual showroom that I intend to do one day on my site.

Thanks again,
Felix
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
4699.14 In reply to 4699.11 
Hi Felix, here's a script that you can put on a shortcut key which should do the following process -

First it stores the current viewport background color

Then it sets the background color to black.

Then it sets the line width to 4 pixels wide.

Then it turns the grid and grid axis lines off.

Then it generates a snapshot of the viewport to the clipboard, at a resolution of 2560x2560

Then it restores line width, the viewport background color and turns the grid display back on:

script: /* Custom screenshot */ var prev_background = moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor; moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor = 0x000000; moi.view.lineWidth = 4; moi.grid.display = false; moi.grid.showXYAxes = false; moi.ui.getActiveViewport().renderToClipboard( 2560, 2560 ); moi.view.lineWidth = 1; moi.grid.display = true; moi.grid.showXYAxes = true; moi.view.viewportBackgroundColor = prev_background;

To set that up, go to Options > Shortcut keys and add in a new one, and in the command part paste in the above script.

It's also possible to switch lighting settings around in the script just for the screenshot and then back again - if you'd like it to do that I'd need to know the particular settings that you want to be used.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-6  7-14